Thread: Boxing 28/2

Boxing 28/2

Fight night starting on ITV 4 and finishing on ITV, 4 fights ending with Carl Frampton's first defence of his title.

Should be a very good fight. The challenger is no mug and this could be a defining fight for Frampton.
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

What time is the Frampton fight on?

10.50 on ITV

Cheers

Outstanding performance by Frampton

Good luck with that Quigg

Eubank jnr looking good, improving all the time

Frampton was a class above, but why the fuck didn't the ref give avalos a standing 8? Seems like every ref wants to stop a fight at the first sign of trouble. World title fight, there has to be a chance for a recovery
    You'll Never Work Alone - Konica Minolta

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Frampton was a class above, but why the fuck didn't the ref give avalos a standing 8? Seems like every ref wants to stop a fight at the first sign of trouble. World title fight, there has to be a chance for a recovery
    I agree with all that. He seems to be on a very constant upward curve and I think he will be undefeated in 2015. There seems to be a bit of a grey area these days about guys getting put out on their feet. It would have made Rocky a really shit one off!

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Aren't standing 8 counts more of an amateur boxing thing these days?

To be fair to the ref, I think the American had dropped his gloves and definitely had a glazed look in his eyes after Frampton's last attack.

The ref was correct he had a good 3-4 looks before jumping in Frampton destroyed him and made him look like a novice who had only just laced up a pair of gloves.

I'd like to see him beat Quigg but Hearn will put a PPV spanner in the works as always.

Frampton will beat Quigg. Too calm, to adaptable. Quigg can only fight one way. He's beaten an arguably better pressure fighter in kilo Martinez. Twice. I don't think Quigg holds any fears for himz
    "Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions".