Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 646495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    People do still talking about whyte chisora, it was epic. The comment youve made about more skill at the end of the night is crap from social media. Its nonsense and you know it. Theyre pro boxers who'd pan anyone you or i know with one punch. It was an upset in every sense because nobody gave bellew a chance and even before haye got injured he more than stood up to him despite a broken left hand. A broken hand is almost as bad as an ankle injury for a boxer.
    Whats with the social media bullshit?

I have my own opinion without the need to borrow it from somewhere else, you have yours.

Few clean shots landed in the whole fight from either fighter, one of them fighting with one leg for half of it. If you want to call that a great fight that's up to you.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by JONO View Post
    Fair enough, it wasn't a loaded question by the way. The lad I work with loves Haye, knows him to a lesser degree. Said to me on Friday he has never seen him so wound up like he has been all week and was worried about him going into the fight. Personally don't like Haye but did expect him to blitz him away in the first few rounds
    He's far too up his own arse to be likeable, I did like his fights in the past though very explosive but never a real heavyweight. You could see during his ring walk he was wound up tight, then all he tried to do was take Bellew's head off instead of box.
    Might have actually turned into a decent fight without the injury as both fighters tired, hope we don't find out in a rematch though.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Whats with the social media bullshit?

I have my own opinion without the need to borrow it from somewhere else, you have yours.

Few clean shots landed in the whole fight from either fighter, one of them fighting with one leg for half of it. If you want to call that a great fight that's up to you.
    Obviously and thats fair enough. I liked ir, you didnt. Its just the thing about seeing more skill on a friday night at closing time. Its not true.

He's far too up his own arse to be likeable, I did like his fights in the past though very explosive but never a real heavyweight. You could see during his ring walk he was wound up tight, then all he tried to do was take Bellew's head off instead of box.
    Might have actually turned into a decent fight without the injury as both fighters tired, hope we don't find out in a rematch though.
    Doubt there'll be a rematch. Hearn didnt seem interested and looks like he'll chase parker or wilder. Havent seen parker but wilder is nothing special at all and Bellew could definitley give him a fight.
    Agree about Haye. He set himself up for a fall. Ive never liked him since all that crap with the Klitschkos. Hes had himself down as a great heavyweight but when you look at his record its hardly stellar. Great cruiserweight mind. I actually did feel sorry for him at the end, it was a hard way to go out after all hes said but it came back to bite him on the arse.

Wilder's on a different level to Haye, can't see why he'd bother with Bellew when he ultimately wants Joshua. Although I'm sure Sky/Hearn would throw plenty of cash his way to tempt him.

Wilder's on a different level to Haye, can't see why he'd bother with Bellew when he ultimately wants Joshua. Although I'm sure Sky/Hearn would throw plenty of cash his way to tempt him.
    Joshua would pan wilder no bother i think, wilder does not look that good to me. If the moneys right i think itll happen for Bellew, he reckons hes wrapping in this year. Hearn reckons he can get either of them in the UK. The fight between fury and parker will be interesting.

So anyone giving Klitschko a chance on Saturday night?

Sky doing their best to make this fight as big as Ali v Frazier, but would like to at least see Joshua tested.

Is Joshua really that good?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

I'm not sure he is yet, made me laugh when Sky kept asking his camp a the presser today 'is this too soon?', too fcuking soon against a 41 year old that hasn't boxed in a year and a half??

He's a perfect physical specimen, so powerful and fast he just bombs everyone out but I'm not sure about his chin. He got caught against Whyte and looked out of it.....could be Bruno 2.0

Andy Lee reckoned this week that VK has a decent chance and I hear Fury thinks if it goes beyond 4-5 he is probably favourite. But at his age, the lack of activity and against another opponent who matches him for size you'd still have to expect VK will come up short.

The question is how will AJ cope if he gets rattled on the chin like in the Whyte bout. VK is a massive step up in class so my guess is he'll be a bit wary of offering that chance by going for an early finish.

I see it going the distance and AJ winning by a comfortable points margin.