Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2161646566676869707172737475 LastLast

Thread: Boxing

How the fuck do you keep track of the score, CR? Have only watched boxing a few times and couldn't tell a good punch from an bad one in real time if it knocked half my teeth out.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Boxing is scored quite easily.

The person who you think wins the round will get a score of 10. Both can get 10 but there'll usually be something that differentiates the boxers in each round, style, clean punches, tidy defends, control etc giving you 10-9.

If a boxer gets knocked down they loose a point so this will often lead to a 10-8 round
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

Huh, guess you just need an eye for it.

Do you count the actual punches thrown / connected?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Didnt see any lasnite but just watched eubank jr. Hes looking good i think. The way hes boxing at the moment I think he'd beat Groves.
    Crolla Burns was a bit of a meh fight so couldnt be bothered watching it. Neither are good enough to trouble any good fighters.
    Ortiz's camp are saying the fight is still on with wilder.
    Looks like whyte might fight brezeale on the AJ pulev undercard. Whyte should win that. Although I think he'd take Wilder eventually it might be a bit too soon so a fight agsinst brezeale will be good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

It is a bit strange as in the fight between fury and parker I never had fury down for winning any rounds at all. He avoided it all night yet some people say he was robbed. Not in my book he wasnt and parker won fair and square in a very poor quality fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

You wouldn't actually count them Bali but you would make a judgement call on the quality of the punches probably more so than the quantity.

This fact that it is a judgement call is why there are three judges as they often need to average it out.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Didnt see any lasnite but just watched eubank jr. Hes looking good i think. The way hes boxing at the moment I think he'd beat Groves.
    Crolla Burns was a bit of a meh fight so couldnt be bothered watching it. Neither are good enough to trouble any good fighters.
    Ortiz's camp are saying the fight is still on with wilder.
    Looks like whyte might fight brezeale on the AJ pulev undercard. Whyte should win that. Although I think he'd take Wilder eventually it might be a bit too soon so a fight agsinst brezeale will be good for him.
    Didn't see junior but I agree. I think he'll win against groves but only just. Thought the Ortiz match was off. Hoped so too. He's a boring lump.

Quote Originally Posted by Craoibhe Rua View Post
    You wouldn't actually count them Bali but you would make a judgement call on the quality of the punches probably more so than the quantity.

This fact that it is a judgement call is why there are three judges as they often need to average it out.
    Huh, didn't know that. Was always wondering their cards are sometimes so different. Cheers!
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Good tear up with Groves vs Cox. Cox taking it to him and 2 up after 2

Massive body shot in the 4th from Groves to stop it.