Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Devastating. The fight with Dillian will be excellent.
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

Should be a good fight but white looked average tonight. AJ will do him.
    Unlucky for groves he must be devastated. Can't see him winning a world title now I'd say he's finished
    Last edited by pob; 13th September 2015 at 02:37 AM.

White is usually better than he was tonight but yes, it should joshuas first real test. Its probably the first time someone really thinks they can beat him. Can't see it though. I'd have Joshua in the top 6 or 6 in the world without question but he could already be top 3.

As for george, yes, he's never had to that little bit extra you need to become no 1 and the trash talking he did over the last few years put me off him. I was on his side for the first froch fight and thought he was robbed. He'll probably try to go one more time but he'll come up against chunky and that'll retire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Craoibhe Rua View Post
    White is usually better than he was tonight but yes, it should joshuas first real test. Its probably the first time someone really thinks they can beat him. Can't see it though. I'd have Joshua in the top 6 or 6 in the world without question but he could already be top 3.

As for george, yes, he's never had to that little bit extra you need to become no 1 and the trash talking he did over the last few years put me off him. I was on his side for the first froch fight and thought he was robbed. He'll probably try to go one more time but he'll come up against chunky and that'll retire him.
    Yep can see him cleaning up the division once the Russian retires. Still have to see what his chin is like though as he's never really been hit.
    Speaking of De gale, the classless tw*t was on twitter straight after the groves fight slagging him off for losing.
    Hopefully George gets a rematch against jack, can't see him getting another title shot otherwise.

De gale is a slabber and it'll never tire me to see him getting beat but he's moved forward when groves had went the other way. And the truth is Groves was lucky to beat chunky first time. I can see de gale feeling the need to get even with groves and even have desires on retiring him. Groves will have no choice but to take the fight if offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Craoibhe Rua View Post
    De gale is a slabber and it'll never tire me to see him getting beat but he's moved forward when groves had went the other way. And the truth is Groves was lucky to beat chunky first time. I can see de gale feeling the need to get even with groves and even have desires on retiring him. Groves will have no choice but to take the fight if offered.
    Yeah fair shout, although De gale will be chasing the bigger fights now. He's not young so probably won't bother with groves now. Will face jack next I'd say for the wbc.
    I would like to see a British champion but don't like him. Hoping ward pulls his finger out and cleans them all up

joshua is some beast, not sure who they can put him in with now - dyllon whatever he's called is just a glorified sparring partner, he'll be done inside a round - trying to hype it as a grudge match because of amateur days is pointless.

There's pretty much no one out there, maybe tony thompson? seasoned pro, see if he can cope with old man tactics - that aside, who? wilder? fury and klitschko should be lined up very soon because the way he's going he's gonna run the rest in a couple of rounds.

As for mayweather, didnt bother watching or even checking the result till today, points win - surprising that eh. Thank **** he's gone, great fighter (technically) yes, a boxing legend - never. Hand picking his opponents has really tarnished what legacy he hoped to leave.
    You'll Never Work Alone - Konica Minolta

I would prefer Groves over Degale & maybe he shouldnt have said anything straight after Groves lost but lets be real here Groves was giving it to Degale for a few years mocking him for only fighting in small venues etc....its the game no doubt they will probably fight each other again if the money is there.

I think Floyd is an excellent but not a fan friendly boxer he will no doubt have one more as he will want 50-0 he is obviously dangling the carrot for HBO / Showtime to offer a huge deal to "Make History" thats how they will bill it.

I agree Tony Thompson will be a good fight for Joshua also expect to see Chisora getting a mention he has no chance of winning but he is a name & has some sort of rep as a decent European level fighter.

Young lad called Morrison fought tonight. Looked like something a bit tasty. Stephen smith fighting later to get a chance in a title eliminator. Bradley Saunders not looking too hot.

Just seen Fury's press conference antics with Klitschko.

What a whopper.