Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    joshua is some beast, not sure who they can put him in with now - dyllon whatever he's called is just a glorified sparring partner, he'll be done inside a round - trying to hype it as a grudge match because of amateur days is pointless.

There's pretty much no one out there, maybe tony thompson? seasoned pro, see if he can cope with old man tactics - that aside, who? wilder? fury and klitschko should be lined up very soon because the way he's going he's gonna run the rest in a couple of rounds.

As for mayweather, didnt bother watching or even checking the result till today, points win - surprising that eh. Thank **** he's gone, great fighter (technically) yes, a boxing legend - never. Hand picking his opponents has really tarnished what legacy he hoped to leave.
    Surely there's got to be mention of Joshua vs Dionte Wilder?? I find that prospect mouthwatering, I think Joshua will do him!
    ........and then one day you find, ten years have got behind you no-one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Who has Mayweather ducked?

Reckon he did Margarito to be honest but who else?
    When Wooly saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Eubank Jr up in 20 mins. I can't help but think his da is the biggest obstacle in his career
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by Craoibhe Rua View Post
    Eubank Jr up in 20 mins. I can't help but think his da is the biggest obstacle in his career
    jesus, were did they get that yank from he looked terrified. his worst opponent yet

That was a shocking mismatch.

There's a Mersey match up tonight with Rocky from Stocky taking on Caldo Smith. I've a lot of respect for what the Smiths have brought to the table and feel there are more world title fights in the family but (after rockys last match) I have a strange feeling that rocky has something in him that could make this a very interesting fight. It's hard to see him winning but I've put my money on a second half win for fielding, just as a value bet.

Anyone watching Cardel Dodd? If Dodd can take this it will be up there with a rocky movie!!

Gutted for Dodd. Should have been givin the count. Connor is a great ref but he got he wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Craoibhe Rua View Post
    Gutted for Dodd. Should have been givin the count. Connor is a great ref but he got he wrong there.
    Great fight, just watched it.

Dodd was 8/1 with the bookies I think, so it was a brilliant effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley 86 View Post
    Great fight, just watched it.

Dodd was 8/1 with the bookies I think, so it was a brilliant effort.
    I had him 2 up. He deserved a count. If you see his eyes ( around when it would have been 6 or 8 of a count) you could see that he was ok to carry on. He might have lost, but at least he would have known. A great guy and a lovely aftermatch interview.