Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1858616263646566676869707172 LastLast

Thread: Boxing

What a disappointment monroe is. Into the 11th and hes done nothing. Hasnt even attempted to win this fight. Really poor.

A draw?!?!? 118-110 Alvarez?!?!? Really?!?!?

Boxing really is a farce at times. How can stuff like this continually happen? There is no way on earth that GGG did not win that fight comfortably. Some serious investigations need to be carried out and both judges that did not favour GGG need to be sacked even if they are not involved in any dodgy goings on.

A decent fight, but not as explosive as I hoped. For all the talk of Alvarez's skills, I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with him.

I didn't even know draws were allowed if I'm being honest. Fucksake. How the fuck can there be a 12 point swing between two judges? One, two, maybe three. But 12?!
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    A draw?!?!? 118-110 Alvarez?!?!? Really?!?!?

Boxing really is a farce at times. How can stuff like this continually happen? There is no way on earth that GGG did not win that fight comfortably. Some serious investigations need to be carried out and both judges that did not favour GGG need to be sacked even if they are not involved in any dodgy goings on.

A decent fight, but not as explosive as I hoped. For all the talk of Alvarez's skills, I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with him.
    that 118-110 score for canelo was from the split arse judge. absolute joke of score, she probably went home to a brand new ferari sitting in her drive courtesy of mr de la hoya. not sure if its true but there's a rumour circulating that she was spotted browsing facebook during the fight

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Good win for smith. Always in control and i thought he was going to finish it in the 11th when he went to the knee.
    How do you think he'd fair against eubank jr or groves?
    Smith hasn't marched on the way I thought he would. He's 27 now so should have had a few more top level scraps. I think it's close between him and groves but think groves has too many rough miles on the clock. Eubanks is a better all round package.

Smith does go to the level of his opponent so all three would be close. After the super series I expect a few fights which bring Eubanks and Saunders against smith and groves. Add in chunky and a couple of the guys coming through you'd have a great British super 8.
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

agree about smith, he hasn't really progressed like i thought he would. in fairness to him though he's been kept away from the big fights so far. had to skip the shot at the WBC because of dirrel's team messing him about for ages.

really hard to judge eubanks jnr imo. he looks great but he hasn't been tested at all yet. the only decent fighter he faced beat him. obviously he's improved since then but no one really knows how he's going to look against someone like groves or smith. he looks like he has a great engine though, if anything he could probably outwork those two

That saunders fight was shite. Dont know why monroe even bothered. Didnt even attemot to win and it was too easy for Saunders and though he hasnt fought for a while it showed me hes way off the level required to beat canelo or GGG if he cant put away a fighter like monroe who was poor.
    BBC saying it was a hard fought victory. It was easy and hardly a test in my book. The likes of canelo and GGG should take a fight with him as they'd have no bother putting him away. Theyre a different class.
    I was actually impressed with Eubanks last fight. That guy was decent who he beat and I think he'd take Saunders now. Super 6 will be very interesting if he ends up fighting groves.
    Smith will more than likely face Breahmer. Dont know much about him apart from seeing Cleverley get a fortuate stoppage early on against him.

Hughie to win tonight?

Not even on telly. 15 on YouTube ��
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

Nah mate. Cant see it to be honest. Too long out of the ring. Been watching on stream.
    That jimmy kelly did well. Pounded that bulgarian.
    Wale fight was good too.
    Do you think campbell can do anything against linares? Id like to see it but dont. Class act linares.

Parker has been disappointing. Just a big lump swinging wildly. Fury not in the same league as AJ. Dont like the way he fights at all. Hes in front on points but has basically wandered the outside of the ring avoiding the fight. Crap fight.