Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Yeah, Corbyn the terrorist sympathiser was supposedly going to drag us back to the 70s...ha!

Embarrassing that the BBC website has a page entitled "Who are the DUP?"

Northern Ireland, a faraway land of which we know little.

It could have possibly been worse than the 70's with Corbyn in power.Have any of you wondered where he was going to get the financing for any of his proposals-Maybe Tax All The Rich Folk,This would have been the biggest of fucking jokes.
    It is not the responsibility of the Rich to subsidize a Welfare based country,which is what the Labour party brings.
    Had he got into power any and all Big Business would quite rightly have restricted investment with many moving Large investment out of the country leaving the average joe possibly if the brain is working at all would realize what a Total Fuck Up they'd Voted into power.
    This was also indicated at the result of the Election before May's agreement with the DUP as the Pound took a sharp dip on the world stage, at the prospect of Corbyn actually having the chance to form government.
    Last edited by fagin; 10th June 2017 at 09:00 PM.

I find it all highly amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    It could have possibly been worse than the 70's with Corbyn in power.Have any of you wondered where he was going to get the financing for any of his proposals-Maybe Tax All The Rich Folk,This would have been the biggest of fucking jokes.
    It is not the responsibility of the Rich to subsidize a Welfare based country,which is what the Labour party brings.
    Had he got into power any and all Big Business would quite rightly have restricted investment with many moving Large investment out of the country leaving the average joe possibly if the brain is working at all would realize what a Total Fuck Up they'd Voted into power.
    This was also indicated at the result of the Election before May's agreement with the DUP as the Pound took a sharp dip on the world stage, at the prospect of Corbyn actually having the chance to form government.

I have fond memories of the 70s. Free school milk, space hoppers, jumpers for goal posts...

It is the responsibility of the rich to help the poor if they've fucked them over on their rise to the top. If not then fair does.

I'd expect Corbyn could have raised a few mill by not going to war with muslim countries. As the great Tony Benn said: "If we can find the money to kill people we can find the money to help people."

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It's probably the best way to take it. I feel the mood isn't as toxic as after Brexit last year, but maybe that's because the result is so meh.

A firm public commitment to build the 100bn renewal of the Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm private commitment not to build it. They're secret submarines, no one will ever know. It's win win.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm with you on that, and I think it's very wrong but I'd love it all to go tits up, I've actually kind of enjoyed this election for once, and even got a bit excited.

Not exactly the result I wanted, but a lot better than I expected, main thing I'm annoyed about is the fact my town nothing good has come from tory as a MP yet people still voted for him, by 8 thousand more than labour. The hospital has gone tits up, more things have left the town, I think it's because there's a aging population here and some rich people on the outskirts, and the people in council estates, probably couldn't even be bothered to vote, it's not all about that obviously, but he's literally done fuck all.

Many stupid people, some i've worked with voted tory's purely because they think he loves terorists, then again these people are probably former ukip supporters, not a option this time.

Will hopefully watch it all unfold, it'll give me a chuckle at least, says something when they're already having to defend themselves.

She's done great though calling another election which wasn't needed, and now the country is even more divided more than after brexit. what a mess.

Bet the highers above in europe are fucking loving it.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 11th June 2017 at 12:06 PM.

I see we have another much needed new pot stirrer on the forum. I wonder who he was in his previous encarnartion, how long it will take for him say something anti Liverpool, has he got better at the dark arts of pot stirring without actually saying anything to get banded and when he'll get banned.
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

What a dope May is. Announces a deal with the DUP before negotiations started therefore giving them full advantage. Imagine she's now going into negotiate with the EU - prepare for a meltdown boys

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    What a dope May is. Announces a deal with the DUP before negotiations started therefore giving them full advantage. Imagine she's now going into negotiate with the EU - prepare for a meltdown boys
    No offence, but that sounds like something one of our politicians would do.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Had to switch to a different tax bracket for one of my jobs - am now making about 20% less money total! I know someone who's summer trip idea just got scrapped.

Damn Jerries and their crazy taxes.

But seriously though - will gladly pay em - some of the aspects of this place are marvellous.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

I am thinking of starting a business involving growing cress

Can people send me the shells from there eggs if they have soft boiled eggs and soldiers for breakfast at anytime