Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven - Dublin View Post
    A fella in work is getting married in August and we were talking about stags and hens dos at lunchtime. He mentioned that his wife is having her hens night in a couple of weeks time.

Dumb bird in office: "at least she'll have time to recover"

Yes, a full 5 months to recover!
    She obviously was thinking STI's Steven.
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The following sequence of events is very unlikely to happen. Very unlikely.

But, potentially, the funniest week ever could happen in the land of Liverpool v United banter from the Liverpool side.

1. United could lose to Shrewsbury in the FA Cup.
    2. They could crash out of Europe.
    3. We could progress in Europe.
    4. They could lose to Arsenal, putting a final nail in their aim for 4th
    5. On the same day as they feel all is lost in their aim for Champion's League football, we could potentially be picking up a trophy.

If all of that were to transpire (incredibly unlikely, I know) I think I'd be very tempted to settle down to the PC, go on Red Cafe while having a few pints and drinking in the lunacy of the inmates at the asylum.
    That went well

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    That offer extends to you too Wooly should you ever decide to visit our wonderful capital.
    I've been to Dublin a couple of times and I've got to say it's not very nice. All concrete. Can't see myself going back unless it's for work.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelWool View Post
    I've been to Dublin a couple of times and I've got to say it's not very nice. All concrete. Can't see myself going back unless it's for work.
    I absolutely agree with you on the architectural unpleasantness of the city, especially along the River Liffey. Dublin Corporation had a tenacity for the cheap and nasty with the building strategy during the 60's right up to the 80's but there's still some nice places to wander round.
    I think the real essence of Dublin though is it's vibrant evening and night life. It really is one of, if not the best party cities in Europe.
    Everywhere's jammers at the weekends and always great craic.
    Anyways, if you're ever over again.....

Some ****ing right bastards in this world! my friend's mum had her burger van stolen off the a51... she's only had it a few weeks and had inheritance to pay for it.. trying to make a living and some ****ing pricks steal it from her... what a world we live in.

I'm proud of the fact I submitted the original post to a spotted page and it has 80k shares, and they messaged me saying 5m views.. and possibly some progress has happened!

https://www.facebook.com/currentspottedstafford/posts/1291919664155406

Meanwhile in Northern Ireland,
    Norman from Fireman Sam has grown up.

Larne fire engine rampage: Two men charged after fire engine stolen and driven into cars and houses'The scene on the Glenarm Road this morning looks like something out of an action film'

15Two men aged 66 and 19 are being questioned by police about the theft of a fire engine. Above: The scene on the Glenarm Road in Larne where a fire engine which had been stolen from the town's fire station during the night crashed into a number of cars and houses. 5 March 16 - Picture by Darren Kidd / Press Eye.

05/03/2016

A teenager and a pensioner have been charged by police after a fire engine was stolen from a station and driven into nearby cars and houses.

The 66-year-old man has been charged with five offences, including burglary and aggravated vehicle taking causing damage to property.

The 19-year-old faces charges including burglary and dangerous driving.

There were* no reported injuries from the incident happened in Larne, Co Antrim in the early hours of Saturday.

15A fire engine that was stolen from a station and driven into nearby cars and houses in Glenarm Road, Larne, Co Antrim. PA

Both men are due to appear at Coleraine Magistrates' Court on Monday.

"" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px !important; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

Group commander Kevin O'Neill from the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue and Service (NIFRS) said: "At approximately 04:30 this morning Larne station was broken into and a fire engine was stolen.

"Subsequently this fire engine was driven into a number of cars and houses in the Larne area."

He said the station was damaged in the break-in and the NIFRS was working to ensure services were maintained in Larne.

A spokesman for the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) said two men were arrested on Saturday and are currently being questioned in custody.

"" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px !important; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

DUP MLA Gordon Lyons* said that the theft of a fire engine was an appalling act that had put lives at risk.

The East Antrim MLA said: "Breaking into a fire station and stealing a fire engine shows a clear disregard for the people of Larne and those who serve in the fire service. But to drive it around the town and create mayhem along the way demonstrates just how low some people are prepared to stoop.

"I am thankful that no one was hurt or killed, however, this was an extremely stupid and dangerous thing to do.

"As a result, the scene on the Glenarm Road this morning looks like something out of an action film and the people responsible have caused thousands of pounds worth .

"They need to understand the consequences and seriousness of their actions and I hope that the police ensure that happens."

Just another night in Norn Iron Ian

Talking about Maria Sharapova failing her drug test at lunch time. I mentioned that Andre Agassi got caught taking crack cocaine but lied his way out of it.

Dumb bird in the office: "But that was recreational drugs, that's alright"

Yeah, like a professional athlete needs to have a raised heart rate and an increased chance of having a heart attack on the court!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven - Dublin View Post
    Talking about Maria Sharapova failing her drug test at lunch time. I mentioned that Andre Agassi got caught taking crack cocaine but lied his way out of it.

Dumb bird in the office: "But that was recreational drugs, that's alright"

Yeah, like a professional athlete needs to have a raised heart rate and an increased chance of having a heart attack on the court!
    Maria Sharapova failed her drug test at lunchtime and you guys know about it already?
    Wow, the wonders of social media!

My kids had to dress up in 1916 style clothes today as part of the commemorations for the 1916 Rising. Some kids in the school went in army clothes, not really what they were looking for but as a World War was on at the time, they could get away with it.

The Vietnamese kid in the class turned up in green army fatigues. She look more like the Viet Cong that anything else!