Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts

I've no idea what most of those dog related words mean, but I'm very happy for you mate! Doing what you love for ca$h is the dream!

What happened to your dog btw? It was injured a while back iirc, right? Hope it all turned out well!
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I've no idea what most of those dog related words mean, but I'm very happy for you mate! Doing what you love for ca$h is the dream!

What happened to your dog btw? It was injured a while back iirc, right? Hope it all turned out well!
    Hahaha, no worries! Not quite there yet but I'm getting close.

He's about 5 months into his recovery from a cruciate ligament tear (total) in one of his hind legs. He got surgery and a new ligament (made from a strip of muscle taken from his thigh) and he can now manage two 15 minute walks a day, along with his normal activity around the house for the most part. Differences in lifestyle being that I don't encourage him to twist quickly (no fetch games indoors, been replaced with games of tug, toy put away if he gets too riled) and I don't have him sprinting (probably won't play fetch with him again) and I prevent any climbing and jumping (stair-gate, lifted into and out of the car rather than leaping in and out) but he's doing well - I'd say 3 more months of this (including some massaging and swimming sessions) and he'll be basically back to his old self, though I'll continue to take preventative steps, as roughly 40% of dogs who tear one cruciate ligament will tear the other and would rather not face going through the first 12 weeks of the recovery process again if I could avoid it.

Trickiest bit has been keeping an active and intelligent dog (Border Collie crossed with Golden Retriever) mentally stimulated, so I've had to be creative, but we really turned a corner roughly 6-8 weeks ago and things got a lot easier.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Ah, sweet! Nice to hear he's doing better.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Might be 2-3 months away from self-employment in my dream job.

Squeeeee.
    Roller-gigolo?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelWool View Post
    Roller-gigolo?
    Sex with skates on is over-rated.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Boaty McBoatface is a perfectly good name for a 200m Polar Research vessel.

The public gets what the public wants.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35861444
    Last edited by Wembley 86; 21st March 2016 at 02:06 PM.

Eh, why not? People shouldn't take themselves too seriously. Curuiosity sings itself "Happy birthday" every year on Mars ffs!
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Eh, why not? People shouldn't take themselves too seriously. Curuiosity sings itself "Happy birthday" every year on Mars ffs!
    It's not true sadly according to NASA.

Although it is true that NASA can send a signal so that it does it again.

Think if NASA wants funding in the future though for non-human exploration, it could do worse than have quirky little robots doing it's bidding.

Hopefully the next generation of spacebots can dance and take selfies.

Really? Didn't know it was a myth, cheers!

Think it's pretty much nailed on we won't be exploring much in person for at least the next one or two centuries. It just doesn't make sense economically.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Really? Didn't know it was a myth, cheers!

Think it's pretty much nailed on we won't be exploring much in person for at least the next one or two centuries. It just doesn't make sense economically.
    Yes, hopefully those interesting sounding space missions to the Jupiter moon of Europa planned for the 2020s to check out if there is water under the icy crust will be travelling via a rocket called "SpaceyMcSpaceface"