Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 926

Thread: Brexit

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,290
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelWool View Post
    Behave Jobo I'm not going to read a load of old EU pronouncements! Wouldn't really affect my decision anyway. I am intrinsically sceptical of it, but worry how far the EU would go in punishing an exiting Britain. Think they would like nothing more than to make an example of us, if for no other reason than to deter other jumpers.

    Read an interesting report the other day that rather than scaring off investment the strain Brexit would put on the EU would make Britain an attractive prospect whilst the rest of it came tumbling down.

    Regarding immigration think our economy would be better served if our immigrants were Indian doctors and engineers rather than eastern European car washers. But then I'm a massive racist like that.
    Who could blame you for not trawling through a load of EU clauses?I didn't advice that but merely pointed out that this information is available and has been for years.To make it very difficult to make any sense of it would,I'd suggest,be a deliberate way of doing things.

    What I think would be helpful for people to look at are what the founders and people in positions of power actually say.That never chimes with what pro EU people have been duped into taking as fact.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelWool View Post
    To be honest Mike I was referring to folk like yourself there. Would imagine that irrespective of the arguments for or against your mind would be made up by taking a contrary position to Farage.
    To be honest SteelWool, I guessed as much. And all I can say is, it's not the first (or even the second) time that you've got me wrong, or made assumptions about me, or told how you 'would imagine' I think without even asking.

    I would be genuinely intrigued to know what you base your views around me, or 'folk like' me, on.

    Specifically, I mean.
    Last edited by Mike Lad; 2nd March 2016 at 12:53 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10,134
    My guess Mike lad is your star sign is Aquarius or Virgo.

    You don't like farage.

    Have a qualification in engineering or computers.

    Favourite colour is purple, but carry off yellow quite fashionably.

    Support lfc.

    Enjoy pizza and have never had coddle.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    My guess Mike lad is your star sign is Aquarius or Virgo.
    Cancer.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You don't like farage.
    Not particularly.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Have a qualification in engineering or computers.
    Bsc in Computer Science

    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Favourite colour is purple, but carry off yellow quite fashionably.
    Colourblind. My favourite colour is blue. I confuse it with purple all the time. I literally have no idea what colour my T-shirt right now is.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Support lfc.
    An uncanny deduction!

    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Enjoy pizza and have never had coddle.
    Too much, yes. Never had coddle but do enjoy scouse.

    However, even armed with all this intimate information, I still believe it would be rather sweeping and unfair to classify me as a particular type of 'folk'.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobo View Post
    Who could blame you for not trawling through a load of EU clauses?I didn't advice that but merely pointed out that this information is available and has been for years.To make it very difficult to make any sense of it would,I'd suggest,be a deliberate way of doing things.

    What I think would be helpful for people to look at are what the founders and people in positions of power actually say.That never chimes with what pro EU people have been duped into taking as fact.
    There was a channel 4 doco on Farage a while ago, they had Yasmin Alibai Brown who's an absolute tit, waxing on about how boss the EU is and how essential it was, she was asked about the Commission, knew absolutely nothing about it but still lacked the grace to acknowledge she was unqualified to comment. Not really illuminative because she is wrong about everything.

    Not sure how anyone can be comfortable with an unelected layer of bureaucracy above our own government.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lad View Post
    To be honest SteelWool, I guessed as much. And all I can say is, it's not the first (or even the second) time that you've got me wrong, or made assumptions about me, or told how you 'would imagine' I think without even asking.

    I would be genuinely intrigued to know what you base your views around me, or 'folk like' me, on.

    Specifically, I mean.
    It's mainly based on the fact that often when you disagree with someone rather than outlining why you'll just throw in a 'Daily Mail' or 'Farage' dig. Indicative of the sort of lazy intellectual superiority shown predominantly by people on the left where instead of engaging with a debate they simply imply that the arguments have come from the Mail or UKIP and then smugly congratulate each other for not being so gauche to be taken in by the same propaganda.

    Perhaps I've got you wrong but I've never seen you subject The Guardian or SWP to similar scrutiny or throw the terms around as pejoratives.

    I'm going to stereotype you again, based on our interactions and say that in real life you probably pride yourself on being quite open-minded and a free thinker when I would say the inverse is true.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lad View Post
    Cancer.


    Not particularly.


    Bsc in Computer Science


    Colourblind. My favourite colour is blue. I confuse it with purple all the time. I literally have no idea what colour my T-shirt right now is.


    An uncanny deduction!


    Too much, yes. Never had coddle but do enjoy scouse.

    However, even armed with all this intimate information, I still believe it would be rather sweeping and unfair to classify me as a particular type of 'folk'.
    Well as a guess not bad by me imo.
    I got your zodiac sign wrong.
    But the rest right, assuming your being honest, as if you can't really tell purple and blue apart and blue is your favourite colour that's right enough for me. Though
    that's a bit odd, let's call it blurple.

    Is scouse a food/dish? it is. Coddle can be made with leftovers, sounds/looks very odd, but typically a white stew of onion, rashers, sausages and spuds.

    Aside from that one can only work with what you give them. Inferencing without the whole is better than not inferencing imo.
    Last edited by CCTV; 2nd March 2016 at 06:57 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelWool View Post
    It's mainly based on the fact that often when you disagree with someone rather than outlining why you'll just throw in a 'Daily Mail' or 'Farage' dig. Indicative of the sort of lazy intellectual superiority shown predominantly by people on the left where instead of engaging with a debate they simply imply that the arguments have come from the Mail or UKIP and then smugly congratulate each other for not being so gauche to be taken in by the same propaganda.

    Perhaps I've got you wrong but I've never seen you subject The Guardian or SWP to similar scrutiny or throw the terms around as pejoratives.

    I'm going to stereotype you again, based on our interactions and say that in real life you probably pride yourself on being quite open-minded and a free thinker when I would say the inverse is true.
    It's obvious in the way you condescend that you decided all this a while ago.

    If you get all that from having an occasional dig at the political right then so be it. It's not a very critical sysyem you have but if you find it works for you, great.

    I can show you other forums I post in where I condemn the Guardian for its lazy journalism. You are dead wrong there.

    So is that all it is then? Little (percieved) digs at the right? That's what makes you come out with all this intellectually superior, free thinker bollocks?

    Because it is bollocks, you're chatting. Make no mistake.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,320
    Well I can only really judge you by what I see on here Mike, not going to join other forums just to read your posts to get a complete view of you, although it is strange that you seem to be implying you have different personas for different forums.

    There's nothing wrong with having an air of superiority either, I do, it's probably more justified in my case but it's not a bad thing in itself, just that it's not enough on its own.

    To quote Johnson 'I hate a fellow whom pride or cowardice or laziness drives into a corner, and who does nothing when he is there but sit and growl. Let him come out as I do, and bark'

    Maybe I am chatting bollocks, maybe I'm not, I'm not really arsed either way, and nor should you be.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    731
    You accused me of not being critical of the left wing press, the implication being that I'm holding double standards. I told you you're wrong. That's all. I don't understand why you then come out with the multiple persona, "I'm not going to join other forums" bollocks. Why? I don't expect you to.

    Incidentally, I looked that post up, and it was about Farage and the reporting of his views around breastfeeding in public. What Farage had said was not even that bad, but the spin put on it was horrendous.

    Your plain wrong views on me colour the way you interact with me, and contrary to what you say, I'd rather have a discussion than make shitty attacks on someone's character. You only seem to address me when wanting to show me up/prove me wrong. I'm arsed to the point where I will set you straight, because I do value discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelWool View Post
    To quote Johnson 'I hate a fellow whom pride or cowardice or laziness drives into a corner, and who does nothing when he is there but sit and growl. Let him come out as I do, and bark'
    To quote Hitchens:
    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •