Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

To quote hmhb Is your child hyperactive, or is he perhaps a t..t?

On another more relevant note Stuart Rose ,Lord Rose head of in campaign,stated that wages for British workers would rise if we left the EU.Bad thing for the lower orders but I don't think it'd be a bad idea for himself.He's maintained this a few times.

Convenient that IDS has remarkably found he has a conscience just before the Brexit vote

So are you guys leaving the big happy family or what?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

hopefully yes

I'd be pro an Irish exit from the EU tbh, its a right mess, and so pro brexit.

Guess today's most recent attack on Europe in Belgium may actually sway the result for a British exit from Europe.

The EU or more realistically Germany's policy to relocate 5million refugees in Europe won't really be seen as a sensible approach to personal safety. Granted today's attacks were not committed by refugees.

For the swing voters , I think personal safety will override the financial interests.
    Guess the anti brexit side may invoke ideas of European solidarity as a resistance to terrorism. But that imo won't hold much worth as the ideas of Europe having a coherent strategy/policy has very little traction.

The world truly is a fookin mess. Most just crack on within the mess, but very little hope for any leadership emerging with a coherent and sensible approach to global problems.

I watched question time last night and yet again I'm no further forward on what to think. Theres Paddy Ashdon saying it would be a disaster and that any money we save from Eu payments gets immediately swallowed up by debt we owe and we'll be worse off. He also made points about Russia wanting us to split but i didnt buy that at all.
    Then there's Liam Fox, hes pro exit and hes going on about how we'll be better off with free trade deals etc.
    The guy who founded jw wetherspoons was on and he talked about farmer subsidies but then dimblebey countered with the fact the Nuf have said they think we should stay in l.
    Who the eff do you believe? I know it's sad but im definitely leaning towards a better the devil you know vote.
    I like the idea of us having control over things but the unknown is what I think is going to decide this and itll be a unanimous stay vote.

time to leave or we shall be suck in even further under the brussels umberella
    being told you have to take in thousands of ppl

well there not enough houses school places jobs for these ppl

i for one will vote leave i dont see any other option
    but each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by SteelWool View Post

Read an interesting report the other day that rather than scaring off investment the strain Brexit would put on the EU would make Britain an attractive prospect whilst the rest of it came tumbling down.

Regarding immigration think our economy would be better served if our immigrants were Indian doctors and engineers rather than eastern European car washers. But then I'm a massive racist like that.
    me too - racist because I believe the UK is becoming overcrowded.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelWool View Post

Not sure how anyone can be comfortable with an unelected layer of bureaucracy above our own government.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

Is scouse a food/dish? it is. Coddle can be made with leftovers, sounds/looks very odd, but typically a white stew of onion, rashers, sausages and spuds.
    coddle sounds interesting - recipe please?

Quote Originally Posted by scouse1960 View Post
    time to leave or we shall be suck in even further under the brussels umberella
    being told you have to take in thousands of ppl

well there not enough houses school places jobs for these ppl

i for one will vote leave i dont see any other option
    but each to their own
    exactly how I feel
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Never cooked it myself, TBC it looks disgusting but tastes nice/salty. Boiled sausages look gash first time you see them.
    Never had it with carrots, or served on cabbage as some internet recipes suggest.

http://www.thelifeofstuff.com/index.php/my-dublin-coddle-story-and-simple-recipe/
    Yer one here has it right, She thought it was a joke at first basically boiling up an Irish breakfast. Never had it with the egg added either.

http://www.jackeen.com/jackeen_files/coddle.htm
    Another one.

Think you Poms should bail out while you can or that might be it for good.

Forget the economics of it, it's the principal.

'Europe' has massively expanded its reach into facets of life and government it was never intended to go.

Seems like its been a case of softly, softly, then one day everyone wakes up and realises your country has been stolen.
    'she could have been a poet or she could have been a fool'