Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

We seem to be ****ed either way (if you believe the scaremongering) and in both options still ruled by buffoons. I'd prefer to stay 'in Europe', though.
     Denk Anders

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    We seem to be ****ed either way (if you believe the scaremongering) and in both options still ruled by buffoons. I'd prefer to stay 'in Europe', though.
    We'll still be 'in Europe'. We just won't be in the 'EU'. Big difference.

It's amazing the number of people that seem to think we are going to attach a massive outboard motor onto the southern base of England and move the entire country somewhere far away.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post

It's amazing the number of people that seem to think we are going to attach a massive outboard motor onto the southern base of England and move the entire country somewhere far away.
    Well we won't be in the trading block that is commonly referred to as 'Europe'.

Hence the 'In Europe' being in small quotation marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley 86 View Post
    Well we won't be in the trading block that is commonly referred to as 'Europe'.
    We will still trade with 'Europe'. All that will happen is that we will be in a position to negotiate trade deals without being hamstrung by agreements which benefit others within the EU, more than they do us. The world is a big place. Trading with Europe is not the be all and end all, even if there was any 'fallout', which there won't be.

Do you really think the rest of Europe is suddenly going to stop trading with us when it's in these other countries interest to continue trading with us? More so as they need us more than we need them, hence why they keep saying "The EU will Collapse if Britain leaves".

If the EU is that unstable/reliant on us, I'd rather we didn't have all our eggs in that particularly fragile basket.

We will still trade with 'Europe'. All that will happen is that we will be in a position to negotiate trade deals without being hamstrung by agreements which benefit others within the EU, more than they do us. The world is a big place. Trading with Europe is not the be all and end all, even if there was any 'fallout', which there won't be.

Do you really think the rest of Europe is suddenly going to stop trading with us when it's in these other countries interest to continue trading with us? More so as they need us more than we need them, hence why they keep saying "The EU will Collapse if Britain leaves".

If the EU is that unstable/reliant on us, I'd rather we didn't have all our eggs in that particularly fragile basket.
    We do more trade with the EU than we do with the rest of the world.

Of course trade will continue, just on worse terms than before in the opinion of the vast majority of experts.

I think you're going to be pretty disappointed if you believe there'll be no economic penalty for leaving.

We do more trade with the EU than we do with the rest of the world.

Of course trade will continue, just on worse terms than before in the opinion of the vast majority of experts.

I think you're going to be pretty disappointed if you believe there'll be no economic penalty for leaving.
    You mean in the opinion of lots of people with vested interests i.e. big businesses, political parties and associated parties who gain from their ties with such groups.

What economic penalties are there going to be? More so given what I've just outlined in regards to Europe seeing as (and our trade) as vital to the health/stability of the rest of the EU? Are they really going to cut off their nose to spite their face? I think not.

You mean in the opinion of lots of people with vested interests i.e. big businesses, political parties and associated parties who gain from their ties with such groups.

What economic penalties are there going to be? More so what I've just outlined in regards to Europe seeing as (and our trade) as vital to the health/stability of the rest of the EU? Are they really going to cut off their nose to spite their face? I think not.
    I mean economic experts from all over the world from every economic philosophy.

The vast majority are forecasting that trade will be reduced, growth will fall and a recession will be the most likely outcome of Brexit.

I mean economic experts from all over the world from every economic philosophy.

The vast majority are forecasting that trade will be reduced, growth will fall and a recession will be the most likely outcome of Brexit.
    And again most of these 'experts' will likely have vested interests. If they were such 'experts', how come they didn't predict the previous recession? They are guessing and/or scaremongering.

And again most of these 'experts' will likely have vested interests. If they were such 'experts', how come they didn't predict the previous recession? They are guessing and/or scaremongering.
    Convenient.