Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    We will still trade with 'Europe'. All that will happen is that we will be in a position to negotiate trade deals without being hamstrung by agreements which benefit others within the EU, more than they do us. The world is a big place. Trading with Europe is not the be all and end all, even if there was any 'fallout', which there won't be.

Do you really think the rest of Europe is suddenly going to stop trading with us when it's in these other countries interest to continue trading with us? More so as they need us more than we need them, hence why they keep saying "The EU will Collapse if Britain leaves".

If the EU is that unstable/reliant on us, I'd rather we didn't have all our eggs in that particularly fragile basket.
    Being in the EU, you have free trade. It is one of the core pillars of being a member. If you leave, you may not have free trade, we don't know what they terms of any trade agreement will be as it hasn't been written yet and will take a long time to put in place. A lot will be dependent on who is in charge in the UK too. Someone like Cameron has a chance of getting a decent deal in place. If he loses his job and Johnson or Gove take over, the EU are more likely to play silly buggers. What will you do in the meantime? 60% of all UK food, drink and fish is exported to the EU. 44% of all UK exports go to the EU and 8% of EU exports goes to the UK. With no deal, no exports.

The stay compaign should dumb it down to the lowest level possible. Get onto the tabloids and tell them of the queues Brits will experience in airports when they have to queue for passport control when they go on holiday to Spain!!

Thought last night made things clearer. On one hand we had a politician trying to convince us that while we 'may' be able to keep a strong economy and trade link if we leave, we stand a better chance if we remain... and on the other hand we had a racist telling us all the problems are because of foreigners and that the only security threat are Jihadi terrorists and that women will be raped. I don't think either were ready to admit that many of our problems are institutional and of our own making, but at least one of them didn't blame it on foreigners.

I vote to remain.
     Denk Anders

Quote Originally Posted by Old Big Ears View Post
    I agree, but it is not right to put the matter out of our control. The Tories and fat cats are more than happy to have mass immigration, raising the wealth of the country but at the same time driving down wages and living standards for the average working class person.

Labour should be protecting the labour force of this country and in my opinion Corbyn has been badly advised. He has taken a back seat hoping the Tories damage themselves with in-fighting. Instead he should be sticking to his widely reported long-held principals and back the leave campaign. He would have then won the next general election.
    I think the forecasts that job losses will follow Brexit splits Labour MPs in this respect.

It's probable too that the poorest and most vulnerable will be hit hardest.

I do think that Labour has performed poorly for both sides in this debate.

It seems incredible that a right wing party like UKIP is now being seen as the best hope for many in areas that should be natural Labour heartlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Thought last night made things clearer. On one hand we had a politician trying to convince us that while we 'may' be able to keep a strong economy and trade link if we leave, we stand a better chance if we remain... and on the other hand we had a racist telling us all the problems are because of foreigners and that the only security threat are Jihadi terrorists and that women will be raped. I don't think either were ready to admit that many of our problems are institutional and of our own making, but at least one of them didn't blame it on foreigners.

I vote to remain.

Racism now theres a word you hardly hear these days.Didn't hear him saying all women would be raped.Perhaps you could link that.

Obviously Jihadists offer no threat so no worries there.As if Cameron's telling the truth.You'd have to a bit simple to trust him.

Where did I say all women?

Where did I say Jihadis offer no threat?

Well done for making no point whatsoever to nitpick, again.
     Denk Anders

I vote to remain.
    I think you may have been hoodwinked there Lev. There was no debate last night, as obviously a debate would mean two people debating a subject. Cameron point blank refuses to have a debate with any of the leave side, because he knows his position on migration is indefensible.

Last night audience members with an agenda just kept on playing the racist card to Farage. And Cameron made sure that he positioned it as Remain v Farage.

Nothing is further from the truth. Historically the majority of people from countries across Europe who have been supporters of an EU break up have been from centre / left parties. And there are an awful lot of Labour voters in the UK who are going to vote leave because they realise that the corporations, fat cats and middle classes will do just fine in a high migration, low wage economy...while zero hour contracts and reduced living standards will be ok for the ordinary folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley 86 View Post
    Are you aware of the Maastricht Treaty and the Lisbon Treaty?

Sounds like you're not tbh?

When was the last major clash of arms on the European continent too?

Seems like we've found a lasting way of keeping the peace in that sense.

Funnily enough I have heard of them. They were important steps in the creation of the superstate. Something you seem blissfully ignorant.At last you don't want to address it.It put forward the conditions of the structures of the superstate. A common currency, a common passport, a borderless area Schengen, a proposed EU army,an anthem,aa foreign minister and the surrounding Foreign Ministry, an effort to gain a place on the Security Council.More to list if you want.

The last armed conflict is happening now in Ukraine isn't it? You seem to view the tradegy of Yugoslav as unimportant. Although both these conflicts have got deep roots in history and were happening years before the EU formed the German (and EU)recognition of Croatia and the obsession of the EU to incorporate Ukraine poured petrol on the fire of both conflicts.Russia acting like Russia when they feel threatened must have come a shock to the likes of Clegg and ilk.

Interesting quote from Cecilia Malstrom(EU trade commissioner on the TTIP) when getting interviewed by the director of War on Want John Hilary-I don't take my mandate from the European people.And some cranks are more worried about Farage.
    Last edited by Jobo; 8th June 2016 at 01:59 PM.

Where did I say all women?

Where did I say Jihadis offer no threat?

Well done for making no point whatsoever to nitpick, again.
    You've completely ignored all the relevant issues and chose to bring up petty issues.And you think I'm nitpicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobo View Post
    You've completely ignored all the relevant issues and chose to bring up petty issues.And you think I'm nitpicking.
    Nah - I haven't ignored anything. You're just accusing me of that to cover for your own ignorance. I think you need to take a break from your personality.
     Denk Anders

Nah - I haven't ignored anything. You're just accusing me of that to cover for your own ignorance. I think you need to take a break from your personality.

You've ignored everything about the structures and the stated further intentions of building a superstate you dolt.How you think what Farage said is of any relevance is ridiculous compared to that.Anyway you're a geg.