Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: US Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lad View Post
    Why do people dislike Hilary?
    Stuff like this does her no favours.

Nor indeed this.

Last edited by Insidious; 7th August 2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Trump is the anti-Obama

Misspoke.

Lol.

When every other possible excuse or explanation has been exhausted - go for "misspoke".

Didn't Mitt Romney also "misspeak" when he was running for president? Can't remember what it was about. But god, I just hope that when they're in their little situation room and deciding which excuse to use, the collective heads drop when they realise they're going to have to go with "misspoke". I hope it makes them cringe when they think about having to say it. I hope it really brings home the level of bullshit that they inflict on common people. At least saying it seems to rouse Hilary; she looks ashamed. Would have more respect for her if she said she lied to appear impressive.

Of course, honesty is political suicide...

Yeah, remember some such scandal with Moneybags Romney too. Agree "misspoke" is weak af.

Just to clarify, it was Hilary herself who said she misspoke?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Yeah man, it's all in those videos Sid posted.

Specifically the first video at 2:18. She attributes the misspeaking (or "lying", to you and me) to "lack of sleep", while appearing as though she hasn't slept for several nights.

I'm not sure what to believe.

Misspoke.

Lol.

When every other possible excuse or explanation has been exhausted - go for "misspoke".

Didn't Mitt Romney also "misspeak" when he was running for president? Can't remember what it was about. But god, I just hope that when they're in their little situation room and deciding which excuse to use, the collective heads drop when they realise they're going to have to go with "misspoke". I hope it makes them cringe when they think about having to say it. I hope it really brings home the level of bullshit that they inflict on common people. At least saying it seems to rouse Hilary; she looks ashamed. Would have more respect for her if she said she lied to appear impressive.

Of course, honesty is political suicide...
    I know they don't write most of their speeches but they must look over them before giving them. Surely she would have copped on that she was never under sniper fire and had it taken out?

The Donald issued his economic plan yesterday which included abolishing inheritance tax. You only pay inheritance tax if you receive more than $5.45m or $10.9m for couples, so I think you can say the majority of Americans aren't effected by it already. Plenty of his rich pals and kids are though.

The tax plan that he announced yesterday will add $2.55 trillion to the US national debt over a decade. A lot you may say but his original plan would have added $11.5 trillion to the national debt over the same period!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven - Dublin View Post
    I know they don't write most of their speeches but they must look over them before giving them. Surely she would have copped on that she was never under sniper fire and had it taken out?
    I think you're giving her too much credit. I'm leaning towards "blatant lie" rather than "paraphrased her speechwriter".....

But the more I think about it, the more bemused I become. Undeterred by the presence of cameras, let alone hundreds of eye witnesses, she decides to depict her own Jerry Bruckheimer style version of events.

It's almost too stupid to be possible??

It's almost too stupid to be possible??
    Well she is American...
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Well she is American...
    Not as stupid as those who think a billionaire, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, whose daddy helped him start in business and who lives in a golden skyscraper represents the working man