Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: US Presidential Election

Wish people like Ben Shapiro were candidates. Whilst he says plenty I disagree with, his vociferousness in debate and his logic would make for a fun and educational watch.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

True enough, I like that his debating style even if he is a mad bastard!

Think it's going to swing in Trumps favour.

Interestingly heard USA 'media'/journalism has a just below 30% approval rating.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think it's going to swing in Trumps favour.
    Can't see that happening. He's been in cahoots with the Clintons all along.

Kind of like:

Etiamsi omnes, ego non

I believe I've deteriorated to point of complete anti-social, solipsistic indifference that I actually want Trump to win.

Gun control is an infringement on "freedom" wheras a binary choice between 2 utter fucks on the small matter of who to be ruled by for the next 4 years is totally fine. Yeah. Well done, America.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Can't see that happening. He's been in cahoots with the Clintons all along.

Kind of like:

Maybe , doubt much will change over there anyway, whichever one gets elected.

Just the more the media/ex presidents say no , the more likely he is to gain support.
    Its not like the states has been on some peace driven, equality, social innovation and environmentalism since the 50s.
    The established rep./dem. aren't exactly standing on a strong portfolio.

Worse fears in the media I've come across are he'll start a war! worst case maybe with Putin, but that's a territory the yanks have been building air bases around for sometime.

Dunno about that - him and Putin seem sort of buddy-buddy. Besides, they're probably scared shiteless by the Russian warbears.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Well the polls over there are showing its getting very tough to call, with many giving the edge now to Trump. Not sure how they apply to swing states.
    Though usually there's only around 5 swing states that decide the outcome, that could be increased this time around due to the repulsion for both candidates within their own parties.

Listened to a bit of Chomsky on the election which was rather funny. What I took from it was he'd rather the democrat's won as they at least acknowledge Gw theory, though that's a bit of a mute point as they won't really do anything about it anyway and even if they tried the republicans control the senate and will shut it down.
    Interestingly Chomsky cited a survey of global opinion and stated that America is the leading terrorist country of the world by a large amount and in agreement with those opinions described how far ahead the USA is in commiting acts of terrorism all over the world.

Think tomorrow is the day we should really know how it all pans out.
    Hillary seems to be ahead , but within the margin of error, the gap has reduced a good bit since the last polls. Also whilst trumpites wouldn't be shy, there could be a few that report differently to pollsters out of shame/embarrassment.
    Seemingly they expect one key state to be the decider.

If I was betting, I'd back Hilary. But I'd have to say western democracy seems to be in a sorry state across Europe and the US. Terrorism, geopolitics, individualism, corporatism, corruption, scandal etc seems to have eroded most confidence and trust in western ways.
    The phenomenon of Trump shows imo how poorly politics and society has degraded over this last half century of self.

Hilary will win, but it ought to be fun to watch. Think I might stand up all night and watch some live coverage.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non