Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: US Presidential Election

The big man did it, Power to the people.

Yep, Trump is President. Fell asleep watching it where it looked like Trump was ahead in Florida and other swing states and would probably become president.

One massive slap in the face for Hilary and what is called the establishment Politics. Bernie probably would have beaten Trump.

Bernie would have annihilated Trump in a one on one. He had double digit leads in polls and that was before the groping scandal.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

ha ha he did it

America just got grabbed by the pussy!

Just read this:
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/09/polls-wrong-donald-trump-election

I feel quite similar about the misplaced faith people put in polls. But not for the reasons she cites, which seems to be along the lines of "fuck you because you don't care".

For me, polls are often inherently contrived. Everything from the wording to the demographic can be designed to elicit a particular response. People just don't seem to be great at spotting the bias in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Bernie would have annihilated Trump in a one on one. He had double digit leads in polls and that was before the groping scandal.
    Not sure about it being an annihilation but would have loved to see him try.

I hope the Democrats are taking a long, hard look at themselves right now.

Hillary's big mistake was getting into a war of words and a slanging match with Trump. She should have kept on outlining her plans and policies and acted like she was already President, and let Donald just disgrace himself. Instead, like with Brexit, it became a battle of put-downs and fault finding, showing no progressive and productive political outlining, and people voted with their tempers and their anger, rather than with their consideration and sense.

It's going to be a dick-swinging contest between USA, Russia, North Korea and probably China by the end of his 4 years... eventually someone will call someone's bluff and it will not end well.

Before all that, I wouldn't be surprised to see race-riots and white-supremacy clashes very very soon. Remember the racism following Brexit?... Americans have guns!
     Denk Anders

So Beyonce, Springsteen and all that trash talking from Obama in the last few days didn't pull in the votes?..........shocker.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Hillary's big mistake was getting into a war of words and a slanging match with Trump. She should have kept on outlining her plans and policies and acted like she was already President, and let Donald just disgrace himself. Instead, like with Brexit, it became a battle of put-downs and fault finding, showing no progressive and productive political outlining, and people voted with their tempers and their anger, rather than with their consideration and sense.
    Aye, not just Hillary, but her supporters too (or the "non-Trump supporters"). Often their behaviour is all too familiar to the man himself. Don't try to make rational arguments, just cover your ears, be aggressive, spit bile, distort facts, etc. The trend for discourse seem to be to convince yourself that you are 100% right and work your arguments around that, rather than actually trying to appreciate the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lad View Post
    Not sure about it being an annihilation but would have loved to see him try.

I hope the Democrats are taking a long, hard look at themselves right now.
    Trump's biggest appeal (besides being a nazi) was the fact he's anti-establishment, whereas Hillary is establishment embodied. With Bernie, he doesn't have that advantage.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non