Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corbyn

Corbyn

Just wondering what people's thoughts on the Labour Party situation is.

Much as I like the whole power to the people swell of support for JC I do worry that means very little without parliamentary backing which clearly doesn't have. It would take years to oust Blairite mps from their seats, by which time any popular uprising will have lost some of its momentum.

I just see this as a missed opportunity for the Lsbour Party and wonder if that split will be the only possible outcome now.
    It would be spiteful
    To put jellyfish in a trifle

Agree that it's a missed opportunity

At this time more than most need a strong opposition and instead labour fighting amongst themselves. Fear we could have years of Tory rule

He has massive grass roots support he had a rally in lpool last week and over 10, 000 people turned up..interesting that owen smith who is opposing him has basically just swiped all corbyns policies.

The way he has been treated in the media is a ****ing disgrace.

Labour have been a joke for years and have lost the support of scotland and massive swathes of the north.I dint actually think he wants to be pm but just want to drag the party back to its core values as opposed to being a wateted down version of the tories.
    Way I hear it, Soze some kind of butcher.

I think it's more important to get your core values back than anything but you need to have everyone pulling with you

I like Corbyn a lot. From his policies to his conduct, he is a true progressive. It's depressing to see how he has been treated by the press. The coup is fucking embarrassing. The unelectable "argument" needs to reach further and further each time it's made; they can't get rid of him! I wish to have a Government consisting of more people like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lad View Post
    I like Corbyn a lot. From his policies to his conduct, he is a true progressive. It's depressing to see how he has been treated by the press. The coup is fucking embarrassing. The unelectable "argument" needs to reach further and further each time it's made; they can't get rid of him! I wish to have a Government consisting of more people like him.
    I'd like more people in government like him

But right now would prefer to have an opposition leader who is pro-EU

Quote Originally Posted by n4c View Post
    I'd like more people in government like him

But right now would prefer to have an opposition leader who is pro-EU
    Why?

Also, why do you think he is not pro-EU?

I suspect you also might have to define what you mean by "pro-EU" in order for me to understand fully what you are saying.

A lot of people on the left are anti eu.they see it being an.instrument of big business.

The things he has been accused of is ridiculous. .those whole anti semite thing was bizarre.

They could go for someone middle ground again but that clearly was a shambles with milliband.

Corbyn doesn't look or sound like a politcian.he isn't arsed about image or pr and that's why he appeals to so many people.

Sadly I'd say the bulk of the electorate are either thick selfish or clueless so he prob doesn't stand a chance in a general election
    Way I hear it, Soze some kind of butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by moe1971 View Post
    The things he has been accused of is ridiculous. .those whole anti semite thing was bizarre.
    The anti semite thing, the not bowing low enough, the "bully" narrative that has recently surfaced, the backlash over Brexit, the mockery whenever he asks a question in PMQs that came from someone who isn't like them, the blatant front page lies about wanting money for being on the privy council. It's nothing short of hysterical madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lad View Post
    Why?

Also, why do you think he is not pro-EU?

I suspect you also might have to define what you mean by "pro-EU" in order for me to understand fully what you are saying.
    Pro- EU as in wanting to remain

He's said he won't challenge Brexit, and most of the last 30 years he's been anti-EU, you could tell through the campaign his heart wasn't in, said him he was just "7/10" Remain

And that's his opinion and he will have good reasons for it which is fine, and as Moe said a lot of the left are anti-EU for good reasons

Just right now Brexit is going to be be the biggest issue for the government by far for next couple of years. I don't want the Tories to have carte blanche to do what they want, so for me I would be much happier if we had a pro-EU opposition leader right now