Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Walking Dead Series 7 **contains spoilers**

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Outside the asylum looking in with envy
    Posts
    19,078
    Lev, before I respond to the rest of your post, can you cut this out please?

    "but after Carl and Jesus find his compound it may become a possibility to direct a herd in his direction, severely weaken his number (of which we still don't know the extent of) and then go to war.

    Obviously they are setting it up for a multi-community overthrow."

    That's about the third or fourth time in the past two series you've 'coincidentally' suggested something which you 'think' may happen which is pulled directly from the comic books. EXACTLY as it does happen. Is it worth starting up a comic book spoiler thread to discuss where the show is at compared to the books rather than pretending to guess what might happen when knowing it's exactly what does happen?
    Last edited by red4life86; 30th November 2016 at 01:11 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Outside the asylum looking in with envy
    Posts
    19,078
    "I don't mind these bottle episodes but the one thing that bugs me is how we've not been able to go through the emotions with Rick and his group. After the cliffhanger finale I was sure that the pay-off will be that we will have to get over the shock reveal alongside the characters, mourn emotionally with them, cooperate with Negan emotionally, plot revenge with them... but because each episode has been focussed on individuals we have no connection to the group and how they are handling this.

    Personally I would have preferred if a 3rd of each of these episodes were interspersed with the goings on at Alexandra, just to show us more about the state of mind there and whether there's signs of a comeback."

    I think that's a good idea, maybe just 15 mins each week, even split up into 5 min segments, start, middle and end. That would work well. Don't get the moaning over lack of action from some, it's a character based show. When they do the high adrenaline scenes, they do it well. Too much of that and it wouldn't have the same impact.

    They are really praying about a bit too much with the structure of the episodes though. Series 6, episode one was good. Black and White for the build up scenes and colour for the present and more importantly, it felt liked it worked. Tara's episode just didn't though. Decent story but play it all through. Think that would've worked better.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Just outside of...
    Posts
    13,975
    Quote Originally Posted by red4life86 View Post
    Lev, before I respond to the rest of your post, can you cut this out please?

    "but after Carl and Jesus find his compound it may become a possibility to direct a herd in his direction, severely weaken his number (of which we still don't know the extent of) and then go to war.

    Obviously they are setting it up for a multi-community overthrow."

    That's about the third or fourth time in the past two series you've 'coincidentally' suggested something which you 'think' may happen which is pulled directly from the comic books. EXACTLY as it does happen. Is it worth starting up a comic book spoiler thread to discuss where the show is at compared to the books rather than pretending to guess what might happen when knowing it's exactly what does happen?
    I don't read the comic books, but thanks for spoiling that, mate!
     Denk Anders

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Outside the asylum looking in with envy
    Posts
    19,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    I don't read the comic books, but thanks for spoiling that, mate!
    Amazing coincidences then Lev. If I could be arsed then I'd find and post the previous ones. Either your foresight is amazing or you're telling a fib.

    And cut out the snide smiles. You're not a child for fcks sake.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Just outside of...
    Posts
    13,975
    Quote Originally Posted by red4life86 View Post
    Amazing coincidences then Lev. If I could be arsed then I'd find and post the previous ones. Either your foresight is amazing or you're telling a fib.

    And cut out the snide smiles. You're not a child for fcks sake.
    What snide?

    I've made a prediction based one what seems like an obvious outcome. If you didn't want people to know what happens you didn't have to go confirming it. I genuinely have no idea. I only recently peaked at the 100th comic because I was comparing what happened to Glen with the comic, but that's it.

    If you're arsed that I got something right, it's pretty sad.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Outside the asylum looking in with envy
    Posts
    19,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    What snide?

    I've made a prediction based one what seems like an obvious outcome. If you didn't want people to know what happens you didn't have to go confirming it. I genuinely have no idea. I only recently peaked at the 100th comic because I was comparing what happened to Glen with the comic, but that's it.

    If you're arsed that I got something right, it's pretty sad.
    Rolleyes are for kids, mate. I know you're not one. So are all emotes to be honest unless you have a friendly relationship with the person in question. It's fair to say we don't have a friendly relationship.

    I'm not arsed that you got something right. It hasn't happened in the show yet so it could be totally wrong. Two of the predictions you made last year were identical to the book but didn't turn out like that in the show so you weren't right in those either.

    The fact that you are claiming it right now lends itself to the fact you were in fact aware of the comic events.

    They have changed several things in the show to the comics, your predictions have all been in line with the comics. You say that's a coincidence, fine, I'm not arsed enough to derail the thread to continue to suggest otherwise. What a bizarre world we live in eh, couldn't make it up!!
    "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,827
    I caught a bit of the talking dead programme last evening and Alanna Masterson aka tara was on it.. She's defiantly the best looking female on the show!!
    Leader of all..master of none..

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Just outside of...
    Posts
    13,975
    Quote Originally Posted by red4life86 View Post
    Rolleyes are for kids, mate. I know you're not one. So are all emotes to be honest unless you have a friendly relationship with the person in question. It's fair to say we don't have a friendly relationship.

    I'm not arsed that you got something right. It hasn't happened in the show yet so it could be totally wrong. Two of the predictions you made last year were identical to the book but didn't turn out like that in the show so you weren't right in those either.

    The fact that you are claiming it right now lends itself to the fact you were in fact aware of the comic events.

    They have changed several things in the show to the comics, your predictions have all been in line with the comics. You say that's a coincidence, fine, I'm not arsed enough to derail the thread to continue to suggest otherwise. What a bizarre world we live in eh, couldn't make it up!!
    Haha - Not arsed but keeping a tally

    Please stop derailing my cunning plan to look impressive in front of the 3 people who read this thread. You, Noods and Teesred mean the world to me!
     Denk Anders

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Outside the asylum looking in with envy
    Posts
    19,078
    Sorry Lev, I know from experience how arsey you get when you're called out on something so it's my fault that this has happened. I should've just let you carry on. Please accept my most humble apologies.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Outside the asylum looking in with envy
    Posts
    19,078
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I caught a bit of the talking dead programme last evening and Alanna Masterson aka tara was on it.. She's defiantly the best looking female on the show!!
    Maggie or Rosita for me.

Similar Threads

  1. Fear the Walking Dead
    By n4c in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 30th July 2016, 07:45 PM
  2. The Walking Dead (Season 6b with Spoilers)
    By Leviathan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 19th April 2016, 07:09 AM
  3. The Walking Dead (with spoilers)
    By n4c in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 1st December 2015, 11:40 AM
  4. Red man walking?
    By North Wales Red in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 6th May 2015, 08:30 AM
  5. The Walking Dead - contains S5 spoilers
    By red4life86 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 1st April 2015, 12:10 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •