Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Best team we've had since the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    This thread has gone a bit quiet recently.

Bump.
    What? the seasons over is it, have you given up already?

Quote Originally Posted by Dids View Post
    What? the seasons over is it, have you given up already?
    Where did I mention that?
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Whether it turns out that way or not, there isn't anyone in this current squad who would get anywhere near any of those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Whether it turns out that way or not, there isn't anyone in this current squad who would get anywhere near any of those teams.
    70/80s teams I take it ?

Brendan's allstars.

For the last 4 months of that season I honestly thought we'd hammer ever team we'd play. And normally we did. Didn't even feel like that in th 80's such was volume of goals that season. Sadly also shipped a few.

a small minority in here have to be always right and look for every avenue to exploit it..I don't think we have played poorly at all this season.. every league match we have been the better side. Its just been the usual defensive errors that have cost us..
    Untill we win the league we will always fall short of the past glories and that stands to reason!!.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    70/80s teams I take it ?
    Yes.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

A loss and a draw shouldn't really revolutionise anyone's thoughts imo. The squad assessment is what you think it is, a blip in results doesn't really change my assessment of the squad nor Klopp's of the side.

Origi behind Coutinho, Sturridge & Ings for some, has scored 4 in 4 games.
    Which reasonably is a player whose only featuring with Phil & Danny injured. He's been ahead of Ings.
    Can missed the last game so he/Origi could have been benched for Lallana , but that's*speculating on Klopp ignoring his/both goalscoring streak (turnovers v afcb aside) and whether he'd have picked wiji or Lallana as a wide forward in the front 3.

The problem of late has been a systemic issue , with some players more at fault than others clearly. Lack of leadership for me and composure, which ultimately sets the this side below Rafa's mighty midfield 3 side.

Lovren & Karius imo been the most obvious individuals.
    Where we have as cover Migs , Sahko , Klavan as depth. Last season's starting keeper and left-centreback.
    Klopp probably won't pick Sahko, though I'd start him v boro!.
    He'll probably stick with Karius. Think he's right do so on his call albeit his form hasn't been great.
    Klopp said Lovren had a cramp at half-time and was pulled due to a hamstring injury call by the medical staff.
    I do wonder if Lovren has irked Klopp.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    A loss and a draw shouldn't really revolutionise anyone's thoughts imo. The squad assessment is what you think it is, a blip in results doesn't really change my assessment of the squad nor Klopp's of the side.
    Spot on.

Time for the tuggers to stand up and defend their views.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

I'm a tugger, and proud. It feels good to tug: it beats being all pent up.

Losing one match in 17 games is good, and with the injuries we've had n all.

Of course, this is a a 'blip', but we'll be back, and even stronger, mark my optimistic words.