Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Best team we've had since the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    And a LB, who was actually a LB.

But let's not muddy this thread with any info that might be useful.
    Dossena for a large part, we'll call that one a draw.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Dossena for a large part, we'll call that one a draw.
    No, it would have been Aurelio (when he was still good).

Call that whatever you want.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    No, it would have been Aurelio (when he was still good).

Call that whatever you want.
    I forgot about him, he was certainly better than moreno.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Jesus christ. Let's actually win something before we start hailing him as the next messiah, can we?
    Things are looking good so far but theres been too many corners turned and false dawn's over the years to be getting giddy Just yet

You can either see it or you can't, all this we haven't won anything yet, corners turned and false dawns, doesn't come in to it, we're shit hot and we're going yo dominate English footy for a long time to come,, ,

Quote Originally Posted by Dids View Post
    You can either see it or you can't, all this we haven't won anything yet, corners turned and false dawns, doesn't come in to it, we're shit hot and we're going yo dominate English footy for a long time to come,, ,
    A man dying of thirst often sees fountains of icy water nearby, yet they always turn out to be just over the next hill.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Comparing our current starting 11 to the 09 season is difficult. Better named players, different style of play. Cant remember us looking so dangerous every time we were in attack. We look like we can score every time going forward. Better players 09, better style of play that compliments the whole team and players 16/17

I hope you're right Dids, we're great to watch at the minute. The 09 team were fantastic but ultimately won Fck all just like 2014.Hopefully this team can win us something .

We're a very good attacking side, who look as dodgy as **** in defense. We've seen a few of those, since the 80s. As for the 08/09 side, it was the best team we've had, since we last won the league.

It took Rafa 5 seasons to build that. Klopp has only been here 5 minutes, so give the guy a chance FFS. This is most definitely not the best team we've had, since the 80s. It's not even the best squad in the league. The guy in charge is simply getting far more out of it, than the individual parts.

Let's just enjoy where we are and what Klopp is building, without the hyperbole. It doesn't do anyone, any good.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Comparing our current starting 11 to the 09 season is difficult. Better named players, different style of play. Cant remember us looking so dangerous every time we were in attack. We look like we can score every time going forward. Better players 09, better style of play that compliments the whole team and players 16/17
    It's actually not. List them out, side by side. Coutinho is probably the only one from the current starting 11, who'd go in to the 08/09 team, in place of Riera.