Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132

Thread: Best team we've had since the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    A bizarre turn of events this. The thread was pointless a few minutes ago. Let's have your opinion on the thread title then?
    I can't be arsed looking through the thread to see if I've commented but I'd be amazed if I agreed with it. But we are all entitled to an opinion, who knows he could've changed it since he posted it. Everyone's done that on here, haven't they ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I can't be arsed looking through the thread to see if I've commented but I'd be amazed if I agreed with it. But we are all entitled to an opinion, who knows he could've changed it since he posted it. Everyone's done that on here, haven't they ?
    If only there was a way of bumping the thread, to find out. I didn't have a single person in mind, either.

Maybe when you get the time, you'll enlighten us with your opinion on the matter.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

If only there was a way of bumping the thread, to find out. I didn't have a single person in mind, either.

Maybe when you get the time, you'll enlighten us with your opinion on the matter.
    As I said, I'd be amazed if I agreed with it. I would say that's clear enough.

As I said, I'd be amazed if I agreed with it. I would say that's clear enough.
    Yes, fascinating. Gives us a real understanding of the depth of your thinking about football. Keep up the good work.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Yes, fascinating. Gives us a real understanding of the depth of your thinking about football. Keep up the good work.
    No problem,Keeping it simple for you big man.

No problem,Keeping it simple for you big man.
    Your posts have definitely been simple. No arguments there.

think it's obvious the thread was bumped out of a boredom looking for a bit of slagging going off the posts. If it was discussion torben has offered it, and although i agree with brc on 08/09 I've offered up that it's a meritable position albeit i disagree.

Personally don't see why anyone would need to defend their opinions expressed months back by anything since.

It's such an opinion based discussion even with all the data you can get.

Had we won the league and a cup, i doubt brc would alter his view on the 08/09 team being better. Neither would i for that matter so i think that shows how independent of results since, people are still entitled to their opinions. It would have been a great achievement, ala 04/05 achievement V 08/09 better team for me.

This is a cracking team we've got under Klopp. Most likely next year's team will be better as a result of more additions and as the squad will need to be larger.

Had we had a similar parity of luck with injuries we'd be ahead of cfc presently. Who don't have a deep squad either at present. No doubt about it imo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4430098/Liverpool-boss-Jurgen-Klopp-rues-injury-problems.html

Jurgen Klopp claimed casualties have prevented Liverpool from gunning for the title as they face another injury crisis this weekend.

Dejan Lovren was the only fit recognised central defender to train on Thursday, with Ragnar Klavan, Joel Matip and Lucas Leiva all struggling with knocks.

Joe Gomez - who has not started a Premier League game since September 2015 - could be called upon as emergency cover against Crystal Palace on Sunday.

And Klopp insisted Liverpool could have pushed Chelsea and Tottenham all the way this season had it not been for fitness issues.

'I think we all agree that if we could have played our first 12 or 13 for the whole season... we are only six, seven, eight points away from the very interesting region of the table,' Klopp said.

'It's not unlikely that it could have worked, but it's not important now. Look at the injuries we've had - not a lot of muscle injuries, which are always a sign of intensity. It's all about individual situations.'

Liverpool are unbeaten in the Premier League with their first choice defensive pairing of Lovren and Matip, indicating that Klopp speaks from a position of strength by suggesting they could have had a say.

The German also admitted there is work to be done at the back, Liverpool having conceded almost double Tottenham's 22 goals this season.

'The number of goals we conceded is absolutely too high,' he added. 'It is really rare in my personal history that we concede goals like that big number.

'We will work on it 100 per cent, but it is not because there is a fault in our general defending style. It is not that we are too high or counter attacking.'
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------