Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Best team we've had since the 80's

Haha, see what you mean.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    The Arbeloa vs Clyne discussion isn't really that interesting. It's just the nature of it, that highlights everything that is wrong with this thread. Let's ignore what Arbeloa has done and just declare Clyne better, based on absolutely **** all.
    You don't get it don't you. Can't see the wood for the trees, that's your problem. The best players don't always make the best team, In fact this thread has nothing to do with who played in which team, It's about the team nothing else, Klopp makes great teams. When first arrived he stated he couldn't understand the English obsession with buying players and questioned why no one was interested in improving the ones they had,

This is the hardest working, best organised team we've had in decades and they play footy the right way. Klopp is the best manager we've had since Kenny first time round. If you can't see that and need to cling onto some bollocks about one rightback being better than another or insisting on us winning trophies first to prove it, then fare enough but I can see how good we are and I'm a believer and have been since I first heard Klopp interviewed.

I can see the progress made under Klopp, as well as anyone else I'd imagine. So I've no idea what it is I'm supposed to be missing. The cliches didn't help clarify, maybe try some facts next time?

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion. Quite a few thought Balotelli would be a good signing after all. They're strangely quiet on that subject now. I expect you'll not be like that though, if this team doesn't, in fact, turn out to be the best since the 80s. Just to be perfectly clear, that's this season's team.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dids View Post
    You don't get it don't you. Can't see the wood for the trees, that's your problem. The best players don't always make the best team, In fact this thread has nothing to do with who played in which team, It's about the team nothing else, Klopp makes great teams. When first arrived he stated he couldn't understand the English obsession with buying players and questioned why no one was interested in improving the ones they had,

This is the hardest working, best organised team we've had in decades and they play footy the right way. Klopp is the best manager we've had since Kenny first time round. If you can't see that and need to cling onto some bollocks about one rightback being better than another or insisting on us winning trophies first to prove it, then fare enough but I can see how good we are and I'm a believer and have been since I first heard Klopp interviewed.
    Totally agree, nothing wrong with getting excited especially after the last seasons, not getting carried away but why not be happy and optimistic ??

What's the fun in worrying about the future, or thinking we're going to go downhill? Enjoying every minute

On clyne and Arbeloa they're both right backs- but quite different, you can't compare them.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 23rd November 2016 at 07:38 PM.

And if I'm wrong, Big RC, which I'm not, so what, who would care what some blert on a reds forum says. Apart from you that is, coz I'm sure you'd drag it up again and again. Didn't you do that to someone recently, repost a thread from about a year ago, just so you could act like a knob.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Totally agree, nothing wrong with getting excited especially after the last seasons, not getting carried away but why not be happy and optimistic ??

What's the fun in worrying about the future, or thinking we're going to go downhill? Enjoying every minute

On clyne and Arbeloa they're both right backs- but quite different, you can't compare them.

Pre-****ing-cisely mate, who cares, enjoy it while you can.

Coz every little thing going to be alright

Quote Originally Posted by Dids View Post
    And if I'm wrong, Big RC, which I'm not, so what, who would care what some blert on a reds forum says. Apart from you that is, coz I'm sure you'd drag it up again and again. Didn't you do that to someone recently, repost a thread from about a year ago, just so you could act like a knob.
    You are wrong. Simple as that. Klopp is in the early stages of building out his vision for LFC. He may end up with the best team since the 80s but he's not there yet. Not even close. I'm not going to argue that point any more though. You can either see it, or you can't, as they say. Plus I've given this shit thread far more time than it deserves already.

I don't really care what you post, truth be told. Make as big a tit of yourself, as you like. Entirely up to you. I simply don't need to post a load of hyperbole to appreciate what Klopp is doing.

As for your last accusation, I decided to drop that, in the end. Not that it's any of your business.
    Last edited by TheBigRC; 23rd November 2016 at 09:03 PM.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

The 1990 side is the best side since the 80s ;-)
    The record shows I took the blows -
    And did it my way!

You have a point, Banders

I would agree we have the best squad since 1990, although the best team, I'm not so sure. We won't know til we start winning some trophies.

I don't think it's being overexcited to say we have the best squad since 1990, because the squad is actually better than any other squad since 1990. Name a stronger one. 2001 treble winners? 2005 Champions League winners? 2008/9 2nd? 2013 2nd? Naaaaah! You're welcome to your opinion though, if you think differently.

The nice thing is that we look like we're only getting better. The difficult thing is keeping some key squad players happy (especially Sturridge and Origi).

Quote Originally Posted by TorbenPiechnik View Post
    You have a point, Banders

I would agree we have the best squad since 1990, although the best team, I'm not so sure. We won't know til we start winning some trophies.

I don't think it's being overexcited to say we have the best squad since 1990, because the squad is actually better than any other squad since 1990. Name a stronger one. 2001 treble winners? 2005 Champions League winners? 2008/9 2nd? 2013 2nd? Naaaaah! You're welcome to your opinion though, if you think differently.

The nice thing is that we look like we're only getting better. The difficult thing is keeping some key squad players happy (especially Sturridge and Origi).
    Which squad players make this the best one, since 1990?