Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Best team we've had since the 80's

Not really sat and thought about this yet but re your last question BRC, can't remember a back up keeper as good as Mig, or a group of outfield players who aren't guaranteed a start as good as Sturridge, Origi and Wijnaldum (or Can). You can add Lovren to that if Father Christmas brings me the one January transfer I really want in Van Dijk.
    It is as good a first 11 going forward as any I can remember since the last title winners but our defence is not yet right and to be honest, neither is the midfield... yet.
    Every confidence Klopp will get us there though.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not really sat and thought about this yet but re your last question BRC, can't remember a back up keeper as good as Mig, or a group of outfield players who aren't guaranteed a start as good as Sturridge, Origi and Wijnaldum (or Can). You can add Lovren to that if Father Christmas brings me the one January transfer I really want in Van Dijk.
    It is as good a first 11 going forward as any I can remember since the last title winners but our defence is not yet right and to be honest, neither is the midfield... yet.
    Every confidence Klopp will get us there though.
    Well, that would be an interesting topic to discuss but it's not what this thread is about. No, this thread is declaring the current team, the best since the 80s, after 12 league games. Lunacy but there you have it.

To your point about the squad, Mig, Origi, Can, Lovren ... you think any team on the planet is terribly worried about those coming off the bench?
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

I'd wager Dortmund would be shitting themselves at the thought of Origi.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

The drop off in quality from first 11 is not as stark these days,but there's a reason for that.Even amongst the first 11 the quality is more evenly spread,again due to having no real superstars, and few if any,really weak links.
    In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!

We've had better teams on paper by a long shot, but this unit works well together. Everyone playing in a strong position for themselves (even Milner), so no square pegs. However the 13/14 team until the last 3 games was out of this world good. You could put money on Sturridge and Suarez scoring every game at point one

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    We've had better teams on paper by a long shot, but this unit works well together. Everyone playing in a strong position for themselves (even Milner), so no square pegs. However the 13/14 team until the last 3 games was out of this world good. You could put money on Sturridge and Suarez scoring every game at point one
    Once again, I think that has more to do with Suarez more than anything.

He's out of this league
    Last edited by Kev0909; 24th November 2016 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    You are wrong. Simple as that. Klopp is in the early stages of building out his vision for LFC. He may end up with the best team since the 80s but he's not there yet. Not even close. I'm not going to argue that point any more though

Although you haven't really argued the point thus far, as Dids just pointed out - it's not about individual comparisons. So who are you to insist this isn't the best team we've had since Kenny? I agree with him. Anyone with a bit of heart will be believing in Klopp now. The fact that he has more building to do only adds to the optimism. This team is something special. Doesn't even matter if things go wrong from here - it's hard to ask for anything more.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Although you haven't really argued the point thus far, as Dids just pointed out - it's not about individual comparisons. So who are you to insist this isn't the best team we've had since Kenny? I agree with him. Anyone with a bit of heart will be believing in Klopp now. The fact that he has more building to do only adds to the optimism. This team is something special. Doesn't even matter if things go wrong from here - it's hard to ask for anything more.
    This team (or squad) will only be something special when it wins a title or a few cups, if it doesnt it will only go down in memory the same way the others have done since we were last successful. It DOES matter if things go wrong from here.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    What has optimism and believing in Klopp got to do with assessing the current team, against previous ones?
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    This team (or squad) will only be something special when it wins a title or a few cups, if it doesnt it will only go down in memory the same way the others have done since we were last successful. It DOES matter if things go wrong from here.
    Precisely. That's separating sentiment from reality, right there.