Bet for FREE on football and win real cash bet4F is changing the game

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump

Trump

Dear forum,

What do you think about the election of Trump, his policies, the protests, the media shitstorm regarding his refugee ban, our own refugee policy, and any other things you feel like sharing.

Cause it's all a bit fucked.

Cheers.

Can't fault the guy - he's sort of doing what he promised.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

I find the intricacies of how so many people in the States ended up voting for him to be pretty fascinating in terms of how big "Sceptosphere" videos got, and the weird mirroring of SJW/3rd wave feminist culture.

Somebody will write a very, very intriguing book about his rise to power and those who identify as "alt right" despite half of those who profess to be so not understanding the movement much.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Agree Bali. Sid you'll have to explain some of that lingoism.

Over here mike there's been a shitstorm about the weird banning of those 7 muslim nations persons travelling to the USA.

It seems really weird that we have reacted so much to trump. There's talk about about us removing pre-screening immigration officers from our airports , or abstaining from attending the St. Patrick's day bowels of shamrock at the white house. Bit bizarre attending an event to celebrate the impact of Irish immigration with an anti-immigrant president.

Its very weird- that we are so upset at the notion that people from those nations which had over 27,000 bombs dropped in one year, last year of obama?, could not visit the country that bombed them so much for a holiday experience.

We've had rendition flights through our shannon airport to Guantanamo, armed military personnel pass through same airport and fly through our neutral country/airspace, seen the non un-sanctioned invasion of Iraq thanks to blair&bush, Millions of civilian deaths..........
    But have drawn a line in the sand over the removal of those who can afford a flight out of there to go visit the States or their accepting refugees - we've taken in fook all ouselves.
    I'm not neccesarily convinced taking in a lot of refugees is the answer - and those that have - have had economic interests met as a result.

The removal of Global-warming as a serious issue is alarming to me, but essentially it is only a real change from those who acknowledge it as a real issue but do sweet fook all to address or curtail it.

As per the election and what i think sid is on about. It could be said that DJ Trump got roughly half of the votes. But roughly half of the voters didn't vote- can you blame them its a sham and a farce. So he got a quarter of the potential vote.
    Of the 25% of those who voted for him it could be said that about 30% of those who voted for him were happy to do so.
    Lots voted for him just to support republican party but didn't like him, some just hated Hillary a pretty awful candidate & campaign.

So essentially with supporters totalling about 7.5% of the electorate he is now the President of the United(lol) States.

Politics has become a centre ground for divisive extremism and largescale corruption, far removed from everyday life problems & solutions. It is shite.
    Last edited by CCTV; 1st February 2017 at 12:18 AM.

Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia (GOD'S COUNTRY)
    If you take out "W" the last few presidents have been quite charismatic men. This one is simple and abrasive. He will shout the popular noise of the moment to make himself look good.

The problem is he will be bullet proof because he doesn't give a shit what others think.

He'll step on some massive toes, some of his changes may come off short term, some might actually work but "his" people will suffer and someone else will clean it up.
    ......But Ill add, the match I would most like to play, my best match, is still to come.

My in-laws seem to like what he's doing. They actually stated "I think we need to do the same" (They also voted Brexit, but y'know they're not at all racist!). This is the age 60+ bracket who have not once thought about the future of their grandchildren because of their own prejudices.

I pointed out that no Syrian refugees have ever been involved in a terrorist attack or Murder in America and that America also ALREADY has the most stringent and convoluted screening process for people from 'flagged' countries like Syria, and that if one of the 4 independent security agencies screening an individual flags up a name, they don't get in. That's after the person has been screened and recommended by the UN and also passing various other tests.

But they like him because he does what he says he will... regardless of whether it's morally right.

My Father-in-law's exact words were "We've become too much of a soft touch. You don't wait for them to attack first, you stop them getting a chance to"

I tried to point out that in America you are 250x more likely to be killed by an American than you are from any foreign-born "terrorist" or individual... Falls on deaf racist ears, I'm afraid!
     Denk Anders

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Sid you'll have to explain some of that lingoism.
    Sure thing.

Assuming what you want me to cover are;

3rd wave feminism
    SJWs
    Sceptosphere videos
    The Alt-Right

Regards feminism, there were 3 "waves" really. You'd the suffragettes who fought for the vote (1st wave) then you'd those who fought for equal pay and such (2nd wave) and now we have these over-sensitive, psychotic weirdos who fight for equality by focusing solely on female victims of gender-neutral issues, reject labelling by adopting endless labels, spout nonsense statistics about "rape culture" and blame every one of their problems on cis-genders, "white male privilege" or the patriarchy - the 3rd wave.

SJWs or "Social Justice Warriors" are very similar to 3rd Wave Feminists, but cover a wider range of topics and you won't believe the bull they spout - one of them was on Sky a while ago explaining how air conditioning - AIR CONDITIONING - was sexist.

Sceptosphere videos became popular perhaps 3 years ago, but exploded in the run-up to the election. Essentially someone will take a video made by someone who is deemed to be "far left" or "progressive" which they've made for the internet and they'll break it down and deconstruct it. A common target is Rachel Dolezal from MTV - she's often making videos based along the premise of "white people need to change" and Sceptosphere video-makers will point out the hypocrisy of fighting racial profiling with racial profiling. It's become a big thing and a lot (and I mean a lot) of people who hate 3rd wave feminists/SJWs/PC culture will have voted Trump simply so as to "troll" them. Not kidding.

The Alt-Right is a white supremacist movement with conservative values that have been very clever about disguising the fact that they're a white supremacist movement with conservative values - a lot of Sceptosphere video-watchers who merely enjoy seeing people they dislike being de-bunked on the internet identify as "alt right" without truly knowing what it means.

Breitbart would be seen as an alt-right media outlet. Rebel Media as well.

Sceptosphere video-makers (not all of whom identify as Alt-Right) to look out for if you wish to do some research would be;

Sargon of Akkad
    Gavin McInnes
    Armored Skeptic
    Sh0e on Head
    Milo Yiannopolous (seen by many as the poster-boy of the Alt-Right)
    Amazing Atheist
    Ben Shapiro

I do envisage Ben Shapiro running for President some day. He's a Conservative in the States and ferociously intelligent. If he ever did run, the Democrats would need an equally intellectually ferocious candidate themselves - the guy destroys people in debates. I'd actually (as a casual observer) love to see a Presidential Race in the future between Ben and a similar candidate, as the debates would actually be about policy and not "she is weak" or "his hands are small".

Hope that helped!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Sid - I see so many parallels between the election of Trump and Brexit. The campaigns, the reaction, the fallout, the arguments. I'd usually hesitate to compare two things as mental and abstract as Trump and Brexit but it really is uncanny!

CCTV - Agree with a lot of that. I was initially most worried for the planet when Trump was elected, but if the accounts I've read are true about US citizens being stopped at airports, their social media background checked and being asked about their views on Trump, then that's unbelievably fucked up. I don't get why people are bothered about the refugee side of it because this country certainly isn't.

Lev - From what I've observed, the ban is an attempt at stopping Muslims entering the country. To be fair, the notion in itself is not actually awful. They choose this bullshit belief and they're denied entry to the country as a result. Good! I just wish it extended to Christians and the mentally ill (ok, not the mentally ill but you know what I mean). I'm not sure why the conversation so often spills into refugees. The guy said he was going to ban all Muslims and I suppose without any real way to prove if someone is Muslim (unless they tell you), this is an attempt to be seen to be doing something, and in his eagerness, the implementation was just catastrophic. But I totally understand the sentiment of liking him because he does what he says. I too find that so refreshing, even if I don't agree with a lot of what he says and does. Also, love your father-in-law's sentiment. Guilty until proven innocent, hey? That never went wrong -.-

Cheers guys, good chat
    Last edited by Mike Lad; 1st February 2017 at 04:30 PM.

Well, to be fair to the old dude, Germany did live through some staunch economic growth during the Nazi times.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Well, to be fair to the old dude, Germany did live through some staunch economic growth during the Nazi times.
    Aye. And I wouldn't be surprised if the US's economy improved. If you make someone's living conditions bad enough, then survival instinct will kick in. And when you've got the press constantly hammering home this idea that immigrants cause problems, it's not surprising to see where people direct their anger.