Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Has the door creaked open a tiny bit for Sakho?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Klopp needs to swallow his pride and realise he's cocked this one up big time. Bring him back, a group hug and a good old laugh about the situation and all is well.

Letting him go, without appropriate cover was a mistake, which we have paid for to a certain degree (yes we're in third blah blah) He just needs to come back
    What a load of absolute shite.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Sakho's career is going down the toilet, he finds himself out on loan at a relegation threatened club, so he finally pulls his finger out and plays like a beast (not for the shirt but for his own career). Klopp 'swallows his pride' and gets him back into the fold, Sakho reverts to his old ways, Klopp looks like a dick. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Sakho's career is going down the toilet, he finds himself out on loan at a relegation threatened club, so he finally pulls his finger out and plays like a beast (not for the shirt but for his own career). Klopp 'swallows his pride' and gets him back into the fold, Sakho reverts to his old ways, Klopp looks like a dick. No thanks.
    God forbid letting anything happen to make Klopp look like a dick

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Agreed. There's more at stake than whether Sakho's a good player or not. Imagine the group dynamic if Sakho is let back in: others may think you can get away with "antics" such as taking pills that are not approved by the club doctor, and ill discipline (lateness, bad social media, missing flights, or whatever else). This cannot stand if Klopp is to cement his position as the alpha male of that group. It's like chimps, innit.

Also, is Sakho really that good? If you look at some of the many goals we conceded last season, you can see that he was at fault for enough of then to suggest we can do better. A few great games for Palace won't convince me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    What a load of absolute shite.
    you couldn't look like a bigger cunt if your tried!

Quote Originally Posted by TorbenPiechnik View Post
    Agreed. There's more at stake than whether Sakho's a good player or not. Imagine the group dynamic if Sakho is let back in: others may think you can get away with "antics" such as taking pills that are not approved by the club doctor, and ill discipline (lateness, bad social media, missing flights, or whatever else). This cannot stand if Klopp is to cement his position as the alpha male of that group. It's like chimps, innit.

Also, is Sakho really that good? If you look at some of the many goals we conceded last season, you can see that he was at fault for enough of then to suggest we can do better. A few great games for Palace won't convince me otherwise.
    Towards the end of last season he was our best CB. Nothing like kicking a man when he's down. Do you think keeping him may have eased our defensive woes? I think so in all honesty.

He isn't the best CB in the world, but he's still a better option than Lucas, Klavan or any other inexperienced/idiotic option in our ranks

Towards the end of last season he was our best CB. Nothing like kicking a man when he's down. Do you think keeping him may have eased our defensive woes? I think so in all honesty.

He isn't the best CB in the world, but he's still a better option than Lucas, Klavan or any other inexperienced/idiotic option in our ranks
    Of course yes, he'd have performed better than Klavan and Lucas at CB, but as I said, there's more at stake than just performances. Do you disagree with that?

Quote Originally Posted by TorbenPiechnik View Post
    Of course yes, he'd have performed better than Klavan and Lucas at CB, but as I said, there's more at stake than just performances. Do you disagree with that?
    Dont disagree with that at all to be fair. Its more that there's a cloud over the whole situation, is it his antics on the training ground, his drug "scandal" or is there something else? Thats what pisses me off more than anything else. If we knew what had happened, we could lay it to rest

It all depends on whether Sakho has learned his lesson. If he has then unless Klopp thinks he can get a better player for the money we'll get for Sakho, we may as well bring him back into the fold. If Klopp thinks he'll continue to show a lack of respect and be a disruptive influence then he has to be sold and Klopp then has to make sure he uses the money received wisely.

Dont disagree with that at all to be fair. Its more that there's a cloud over the whole situation, is it his antics on the training ground, his drug "scandal" or is there something else? Thats what pisses me off more than anything else. If we knew what had happened, we could lay it to rest
    I see what you mean. There's lots we'll probably never know, unfortunately, including why Torres left (he's hinted at some secret reason at least once), why Neymar went to Barca, why C Ronaldo went to Utd, and why the heck we spent 35m on Andy Carroll.

I trust Klopp's judgment, though.