Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Has the door creaked open a tiny bit for Sakho?

I like Sahko think he's our best CB after Matip including all of last season's CBS. If he was here and used we'd be the better for it. Klopp binned him and should he move Sahko on, my loyalty remains with Klopp over any player.
    However Klopp is not perfect and as such people are allowed to discuss his performance with a view that he makes mistakes on occasion. Does Klopps mistakes undo all his good work? Never.

CBS out or in the doghouse:
    Skrtel, Toure, Sahko.
    CBS in:
    Matip, Klavan.

It would appear under rudimentary subtraction, that we didn't replace Sahko,which given Klopps prudent approach to transfer market and seemingly late Sahko banishing is a fair decision/unfortunate circumstance which Sahko the blert has his large part in. Skrtel used to be a first team player and Toure a squad/cover player. Matip took Skrtels role and Klavan took kolos. Sahko under Klopp had been a first team player , equivalent to the role Skrtel used to have here until Watford/or/injury, and Lovren.

It would seem to me, that Sahkos banishment, came well after his doping saga. Which leads me to believe it was the later tour incident or more likely an accumulation of incidents. Camel straw back. None of us know for sure, but that seems the most logical to me.

Our first team/choice centrebacks went from 1st team club cbs on arrival (Skrtel/Sahko/Lovren) , to Matip/Sahko/Lovren, to Matip/Lovren.

Cover from Lucas/Kolo/Gomez to Lucas/Klavan/Gomez.

Having beliefs about players is natural. Brc you were adamant that Lallana was on borrowed time. Klopp however has a different opinion and has utilised him very differently than you would do and have stated. No-one comes at you (till now ironically possibly) saying your views on the player Lallana means your loyalty is not with Klopp. It's clear while Klopp dealt with Lallana very differently than you would that you recognise that Klopp is the man. The unfortunate predicament though here is that Klopps decision to keep Lallana has clearly been vindicated by his performances. Had they not it's unlikely you would have been out for Klopp for keeping a player you wouldn't have.

Similarly i can easily state that had Klopp kept Sahko and utilised him i believe we would be the better for it. You can point to our poor defence under br, or the capitulation and poor application of players. However it's very simple , if Sahko played instead of Klavan or Lucas (who i also rate) would we be likely better off. I believed so. With hindsight it's fairly objectively obvious imo that Klavan whose had good games on occasion, has cost us a lot of points.

Analysing the games we've played and lost which claw at everyone in our progression. The results we know of that cost us like Burnley, Swansea blah blah and other games where our defensive records were impacted like arsenal win 4-3. Its imo clear that having a solitary 1st team CB has cost us on occasions. Ever more so , without Matip.

Lovren and Sahko were Klopps pairing last season. So had Sahko deputised for Matip in particular i think it's clear Lovren would have been better supported by Sahko than Lucas or Klavan.

Analysing our goals conceded and elements of game play we struggled with it's clear imo that Sahkos height and heading ability would have been beneficial. If Lucas was 6'3 he'd be quality for us. Winning headers from long balls, crosses and corners I'd venture that Sahko is better than all bar Matip. Sahko is really strong and has not mettle than Lovren for warrioring.
    In our best back line this season
    Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
    Sahko who imo is a better CB than Lovren would have had a better CB beside him. Instead of Alberto Moreno he'd have had the outstanding Jimmy Milner.
    That's 2 better players Lovren has beside him this year. If Sahko played instead of Lovren he'd be a better CB so in a blizzard way we'd have 3 better positions in the back line, albeit the math is a tad silly here. As ultimately it would be Two changes.

His decision , which none of us are exactly privy to, to banish and send out Sahko can be understood by everyone with respect to trusting Klopp and his stewardship/style/demands. However i think it's at least plausible to suggest that had Sahko been utilised on footballing ability grounds we'd have benefited from that availability.

There's merit in suggesting that while Klopp banned Sahko with right, that it's a decision which has cost us sorely. Albeit a hypothetical reflection.

We all have to accept unless Klopp gets sacked (Which he won't) then Sakho will not play for Liverpool again its best for both parties if he moved on if we could get £20m for him we have done well hopefully he continues his good form for Palace.

I agree that Sakho is certainly better than Lucas & Klavan that is obvious to see and he is as good as Lovren too imo.

It wasn't the fact we got rid of him that bothered me it was the fact we didn't sign anyone but hopefully Klopp has a CB or two up his sleeve for next season.

Carragher kept making a few comments about Klavan being a 3rd choice CB and he plays too often my initial thoughts were he will play alot as 3rd choice as Lovren & Matip do seem to pick up alot of injuries.

Anyway hopefully we nail down this CL place and Leicester get knocked out the CL asap we don't want the nightmare of them getting to the final with United strong favourites for the Europa as well.

If Sakho continues his good form till season's end then you'd hope we get more than £25m for him. Good player but obviously a dickhead.
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

@CC the comparison between Lallana and Sakho simply doesn't work.

Sakho was binned, not for footballing reasons but for personal reasons.

Lallana would only ever have been binned for footballing reasons, similar to Milner. Both were on borrowed time, in the positions they were playing in. That has proven to be fact. Mane has taken Lallana's position and Wijnaldum has taken Milner's. As it turned out, Klopp found a new position for both and extended their stay at the club.

Good management all round.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

I hope he continues the good work at palace, it only strengthens the clubs hand regarding any transfer fee for a permanent deal.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Let's not rule out the option of a brown envelope to the Palace manager
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Arrrghhh - I can't hold it in any longer.

Am I the only one who remembers game after game seeing Sakho as a bag of nerves on the ball - who often got caught in possession? I remember more than a couple of games where teams would structure their offensive press around letting Sakho have the ball, and then pressing him hard (much like Djimi).

Sakho was okay because Lovren was struggling. Now Lovren is far superior IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dannykos View Post

Am I the only one who remembers game after game seeing Sakho as a bag of nerves on the ball - who often got caught in possession? I remember more than a couple of games where teams would structure their offensive press around letting Sakho have the ball, and then pressing him hard (much like Djimi).

Yes maybe but since those days Sam Allardyce has turned him into a world class player.

Quote Originally Posted by dannykos View Post

Only the Crimson caps lock warrior had a stiffy for everything Sakho back then. Now he doesnt play for us everyone remembers him like he was the next Maldini.
    He had some good games and some bloody awful ones too, lets just hope he continues his current form until we flog him.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I find it odd that people think Lovren is better than Sahko. Neither are world class but where do you think he is better?

On August first 2016 on Transfermarkt, Sahko 18 mill, Lovren 15 mill. Think that's fairly fair or accurate assesment in terms of player quality.