Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Helps Sid's Business - Small favour to ask?

Got the PM. Left a 5star rating.

"Kevin helped me to train my bitches. Now they do what I say."
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Etiamsi omnes, ego non

All done mate.
    The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath.
    W.C Fields

I don't use Facebook Sid, sorry mate.
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Out of interest, how much do you charge? Also, how do you charge? Is it x per walk or are you hourly? Or... dogly?
    Bit of both.

Walks are "around an hour" and I'll usually walk a dog for that, though if it were a heavier breed such as a Bull Mastiff or a Brachycephalic breed (squashed in faces and can't breathe so great, Pugs, Bulldogs etc.) I'd use my common sense and walk it for less.

Walks are 10 for a dog, 12 for two. Never had a client who has 3 dogs. I'm pretty competitively priced - most walkers charge 10 or 12 for one dog and an extra 5 for a second dog.

If I walk a dog for a bit of extra time (90 minute walk with a Cocker Spaniel the other day because I was enjoying myself and he has high energy) I don't charge extra.

Dog-walking will be my "bread-and-butter" for the foreseeable future until my reputation / word-of-mouth gets me more behavioural appointments / better class attendance. Classes and behavioural appointments are quite lucrative and when it comes to behavioural appointments 90% of them will be based around one of six or so issues that I'm rather well-versed in.

Probably 90% of dog-walkers are female and many of them won't be of the appropriate build to walk certain larger dogs, so that's a handy USP. Also a lot of dog walkers will only take "dog-friendly" dogs and will drive around, pick 4 or so dogs up from their houses and take them to a field somewhere, so they can make money in a condensed time-frame, which is something a lot of people would dislike if they knew (risk of attack from off-lead dogs, risk of injury on barbed wire etc.) whereas I don't do this and will keep the dogs on-lead in their local area - so I have another USP there in terms of both the safety of the dog AND the fact I'm willing to take "reactive" dogs (dogs that might attack humans or other dogs) of which there are plenty.

The biggest downside I've been experiencing is that I seem to be sick all the time now with a heavy cold - walking in winter conditions regularly doesn't exactly seem to help recovery, so I'm crossing my fingers that my immune system toughens up a bit.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Wow, sounds neat! Hope you get over your health issues quickly.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Wow, sounds neat! Hope you get over your health issues quickly.
    Thank you!

As do I - I've 4 walks tomorrow back-to-back with no real opportunity to settle for a meal and I'm a bit weird about using public loos so it's going to be all the banter tomorrow.

A good business day mind-you, unusually so Hopefully will slowly become the norm.

Happy to help if you drop me a message Sid

Have really appreciated the extra little boost from some of you guys pitching in.

If anyone else is game, please let me know

I'm game. Didn't get a pm last time.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non