Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Mignolet has found his boots?

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Hey,it's just 2 guy's sharing there forum opinions,from which the basis being as his shirt # is 22 for me that's approx how many players should be worried about their Lfc careers in front of Mig.
    Mignolet had two excellent games (the last 2) and a few decent ones lately, but he's still below the level we should aim for. And as for the list, I could name at least 10 players that should not worry about their LFC careers before Mignolet: Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Mane, Origi, Hendo, Wiji, Can, Clyne, Milner.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by Redbrandt View Post
    Mignolet had two excellent games (the last 2) and a few decent ones lately, but he's still below the level we should aim for. And as for the list, I could name at least 10 players that should not worry about their LFC careers before Mignolet: Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Mane, Origi, Hendo, Wiji, Can, Clyne, Milner.

Fair comments,although your 10 player list i would hope several don't make the starting 11 next season.
    First off most of the bench should be cleared,leaving openings for : Hendo,Clyne,Milner,Origi and occasionally Can to start from the bench.
    This of course is all dependent on who Klopp has in his sights to try to sign in the summer,but if indeed he is serious about moving forward with top signings then the players i have quoted will look towards making a much better bench than this season.

Think the bench will be stronger as a result of new faces with European football looking likely.

Of the first team think Lovren and Migs are most likely to be upgraded. Hendo might lose out with his absence through injury though Can (maybe Lucas) can play there too. Milner could be replaced but not urgent at all he's done well and mostly fit.

Anyway came across a Migs piece talking about how we can do even better. Being a bit superstitious or watching out for mental slackness patterns. I'd be more wary of palace now. Not as dodgy as torbens threads like but one of those things that recurs.

Hopefully Migs bails us out again, walking after the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think the bench will be stronger as a result of new faces with European football looking likely.

Of the first team think Lovren and Migs are most likely to be upgraded. Hendo might lose out with his absence through injury though Can (maybe Lucas) can play there too. Milner could be replaced but not urgent at all he's done well and mostly fit.

Anyway came across a Migs piece talking about how we can do even better. Being a bit superstitious or watching out for mental slackness patterns. I'd be more wary of palace now. Not as dodgy as torbens threads like but one of those things that recurs.

Hopefully Migs bails us out again, walking after the talking.

I know we disagree about the Mig and that's what the forum is about,viewpoints,Although i have always beaten the drum for him,he quite honestly is the least of our problems and the money could be better allocated in other area's especially defense.
    If we make Europe then there's an even bigger reason to have at least those said players on the bench,but not with wanabe's as we continue to get.We need proven better players on the pitch come next season.
    I noticed in another thread there was a question to name who from ManU 's team would get into Lfc's lineup and it's sad to say almost all of them would displace our first 11
    If we want to move forward we must buy and replace or we could remain pat and bungle our way through another nearly but not quite season and take all Cup comp's seriously.
    Last edited by fagin; 18th April 2017 at 12:04 AM.

Jaypea said degea and micky-t.

Personally i wouldn't take spangles views too seriously , everyone has different opinions, moans, but also have positives about the club(bar spangles ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Fair comments,although your 10 player list i would hope several don't make the starting 11 next season.
    First off most of the bench should be cleared,leaving openings for : Hendo,Clyne,Milner,Origi and occasionally Can to start from the bench.
    This of course is all dependent on who Klopp has in his sights to try to sign in the summer,but if indeed he is serious about moving forward with top signings then the players i have quoted will look towards making a much better bench than this season.
    If (and it's a big if) he stays healthy, Hendo is and will be our captain, and is a pretty valuable player. He's no Gerrard or Xabi Alonso, but he's great at pressing, he's got a decent long pass, crossing (especially from the right, in a style which he obviously adopted from Gerrard), his general awareness and game intelligence has got better and better, and he also has a good shot in him when confident (I recall quite a few excellent goals he scored).

As for Clyne, I'm not sure how many better RBs are there in the Premier League right now, and if so only marginally better. Therefore I doubt we'll look to replace him this summer.

I agree we need improvements for Milner, Can and Origi (/Sturridge/any striker we have).
    YNWA

An extremely solid performance by the Mig tonight, really, really good on the crosses and one worldy save.