Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conventional Media

Agree Shapiro ruined Piers there. He made in easy for Ben though. Only one man turned up to have a debate. Morgan is used to just bellowing opinions into an echo chamber and playing up to people's insecurities. The trotted line about how dare you accuse me etc etc. Just a load of hot air which he thinks makes him look good. Sanctimonious prick.

"How dare you!"

Had to turn it off. Could feel my IQ slipping away.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Anyone still use/read TV or papers as news these days?

I personally feel they've got very little credibility and never actively try to expose myself to it (well, bar the odd sports article). Trust in these mainstream sources seems to be at an all time low.

And now it seems a few of the fuckers have declared open war on youtube. Scared they're being replaced maybe?

So do you geezers indulge in the odd newspaper?
    I haven't bought a newspaper for over 12 years, i search the internet for things that interest me, and as some of them charge a fee online for the priviledge, it's a definite no from me.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

It's been a long time myself. When I'm paying for petrol I have a laugh when I see the Daily sport still going strong, A proper newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It's been a long time myself. When I'm paying for petrol I have a laugh when I see the Daily sport still going strong, A proper newspaper.
    Buying petrol you say, eh?
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Haven't bought a newspaper for years, the internet made them obsolete. If you go online then you have the news from 5 minutes ago, but buy a paper and it's yesterday's. Papers are always playing catch-up so they just make stuff up.

I don't watch TV news either, except when I visit my parents because they still do religiously. After a month or so without it you suddenly see clearly that it is shite. I always thought ITN was tabloid on TV but BBC followed them. Scared of being boring and losing ratings so they jazz it up and try to be 'entertaining', it's utter nonsense.

For me the best source of news is still the radio - a short, succinct bulletin on the hour, no time for bullshit or flannel. Then if a headline grabs you just go online for more details.

Makes sense. Never been a radio man myself, but can see why it would be appealing.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non