Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to lose this loser Top Four Mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Yes Liverpool fans probably do want the title, Bournemouth and Stoke City too and I definitely know from the Evertonians I know they crave it aswell. I have mentioned in an earlier thread I really don't think FSG want the title...I really don't that's not to say they wouldn't take it if it offered itself like under Rodgers a few seasons ago. I did mention what you need to actually win the title which is going toe to toe financial wise with City, Chelsea and United this means a transfer budget of at least 200 million pounds and even then the big three could just increase there's to 300 million which is a problem. The main reason FSG don't want the title is simple...they are a business unlike City and Chelsea who both have another agenda, from day one FSG have told us they will run a tight ship and after a short time make us self sufficient which 1 million per cent means no 200 million pound transfer war chest which is what you need, the other thing why it will be impossible to win the League for us Clubs run like a business is that you only receive about 100 million pound for winning the league so do the maths, you have to basically invest 250 - 350 million pounds to win 100 million pounds not a very sound risk in any bodies book unless your a oil rich Arab or rich Russian tycoon who can afford to write it off if you don't win it.
    The FSG business strategy is an easy one, qualify for the champions league each season and turn over a tidy little profit, in order to do this you target the fourth place where you are competing with Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, West Brom and Stokes etc who don't spend obscene amounts on transfers maybe 60 million pound a season get about 80 million alone for finishing fourth then Champions League appearance and television money that's where you make a healthy profit and at the same time not risking as much of your own capital and Lessing the risk....it's a win..win situation for FSG however the only bad side about this is the part I don't agree with...FSG and Klopp to safeguard the 4th place don't compete in the domestic cups because extra games and the risk of players being injured or tired risk the chance of a top four place so this is why Klopp fields weak teams and cheats the fans.

Like I say the only people to benefit from a top four place is John Henry and FSG and Klopp and the players because of bonuses for qualifying, there is absolutely no benefit for us fans whatsoever, our benefit comes in the shape of happiness as in winning trophies and going to days out for finals which FSG and Klopp have taken away through not competing for domestic cups which realistically are the only things a club like ours can win now...
    Two sentences!

Please let me figure out what you're saying. Are these correct?

- Without having as much money to spend as Utd City and Chelsea, we can't compete regularly for the league.

- Our only chance of winning a trophy is therefore from domestic cup competitions.

Also, sorry, but I'm full of questions this eve:

- Regarding "The FSG business strategy is an easy one, qualify for the champions league each season and turn over a tidy little profit": how do you know this? Perhaps they have a different long-term vision?

- Regarding "...the only people to benefit from a top four place is John Henry and FSG and Klopp and the players because of bonuses for qualifying": if the club finds itself four points off the top, for example, would they not try and win it? The idea of targetting 2nd 3rd or 4th implies a blas attitude towards 1st position, doesn't it?

I wouldn't use the term blade I think the term business mentality is a better fit. I think the big problem fans are failing to grasp here is that FSG sole purpose is not to make us great again but to make a profit. If you read the language used when they took over it's clear as day what there plans are, they used the terms a steal when purchasing the club " if we acquire this for the debt I really feel like we would be stealing this franchise " what more do you need to know about this companies mindset. The club had finished higher than sixth place only once during FSG reign and finished ahead of Spurs about once in the last nine years....

But in those 6 years, we have spent a lot of money on players, with the majority not providing value for money (I know that this has been slightly skewed by the Suarez & Sterling fees but we were still able to spend). Also, Klopp is the one that has decided not to buy as he has said that he would not pay over the odds for players (which we have been guilty of in the past) - would you be happy if we kept vastly overpaid on players like Utd, Chelsea & City and would that show you that FSG are not as you appear to think they are? I certainly wouldn't. Mistakes have been made by us in the transfer market over a long period of time and that shouldn't continue. You also can't make players move to the club and the city, so that is always more of a disadvantage that we face but CL gives you more of a pull.
    Also, if we can consistently challenge/obtain top 4, does this not make us more attractive to the sugar daddy you desperately crave?
    I totally agree that we probably should be doing better in the cups but we did go to 2 finals last year, so can hardly accuse JK of not bothering. This year's exits from both were not great but we just didn't play well in either - there's always going to be a winner & a loser and both games were within our terrible run of form.

I think the top 6 will @ least each have 2-3 seasons in a 5-7 year time frame where they will be challenging for the title. Some because of their pockets will have more shots but I think with the quality in the Premier League it is a tougher proposition than other leagues. Look @ the quality @ some of the smaller teams. So winning the league is going to be more about consistency. No team will have a monopoly of quality players in the Premier League. Some will spend more on players and pinch from the others in the top 6, however those same teams would still have the pockets to search for quality elsewhere. e.g Sterling/Mane City spent a lot of money and paying higher wages but in turn we were able to spend big on Mane and pay him more than what Southampton can etc.

Leicester proved that consistency puts you in. Spurs is proving it 2 seasons in a row. And over those 2 seasons two of the Oil(igopolies) (City & Chelsea) have been inconsistent. So spending big doesn't always mean quality so the riches of City & Chelsea don't guarantee them nothing as no-one is scared of anyone in the Premier League because all the teams have quality.

So how many times in the next 10 years do you think us smaller Clubs will win the English Premier League ahead of one of the big Clubs of Chelsea, United and City. I personaly think none or if another miracle of a Leicester City maybe one. I would go a far as to say it's easier for somebody to win the Scottish League ahead of Celtic as there's only one big club to get past and not three like there is down here...

So how many times in the next 10 years do you think us smaller Clubs will win the English Premier League ahead of one of the big Clubs of Chelsea, United and City. I personaly think none or if another miracle of a Leicester City maybe one. I would go a far as to say it's easier for somebody to win the Scottish League ahead of Celtic as there's only one big club to get past and not three like there is down here...
    Four.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Just strolled past and had a glance through the window. See not much has changed. Which is good and bad in equal measure.

Quick question though, how come such a blantantly obvious Manc is getting so much airtime? Only two people I've ever heard call the manager Kloppsy. Both Mancs, both dickheads. Three now.

There are clues if you look through his posts, the several 'small club' comments would be a starting point, utter cnt. You're going to have to be a lot more aware kids, I'm not around to protect you anymore...

Absolutely no chance, you must be on a winde up...4 ? Haha, so let's just get this right next season United,?Chelsea and City all have new managers with a full season under there belts two of who New to the league this season and all will spend in excess off 100 million pounds before the start of next season. You think the likes so Arsenal well outside chance but certainly Spurs, Liverpool and Everton won't, Spurs with needing money for there new stadium, ourselves because we are paying for our new tier and because FSG will still put profits before success and Everton even though they have a rich new benefactor and I fancy them to outspend ourselves and Spurs this summer are a bit too far behind at present to make an impact....

Am telling you, you will be lucky to get one team outside the big three winning the League in the next 10 seasons...

Absolutely no chance, you must be on a winde up...4 ? Haha, so let's just get this right next season United,?Chelsea and City all have new managers with a full season under there belts two of who New to the league this season and all will spend in excess off 100 million pounds before the start of next season. You think the likes so Arsenal well outside chance but certainly Spurs, Liverpool and Everton won't, Spurs with needing money for there new stadium, ourselves because we are paying for our new tier and because FSG will still put profits before success and Everton even though they have a rich new benefactor and I fancy them to outspend ourselves and Spurs this summer are a bit too far behind at present to make an impact....

Am telling you, you will be lucky to get one team outside the big three winning the League in the next 10 seasons...

I have asked you many times but what are you going to do about it
    Alonso is a good player,Lucas is a proven world class player,In fact he is the best player in the world in his position

You can keep referring to "us" as a "smaller club" but it won't change the fact that we are still bigger than Chelsea or City or whatever shower you actually support.