Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to lose this loser Top Four Mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    I wouldn't use the term blade I think the term business mentality is a better fit. I think the big problem fans are failing to grasp here is that FSG sole purpose is not to make us great again but to make a profit. If you read the language used when they took over it's clear as day what there plans are, they used the terms a steal when purchasing the club " if we acquire this for the debt I really feel like we would be stealing this franchise " what more do you need to know about this companies mindset. The club had finished higher than sixth place only once during FSG reign and finished ahead of Spurs about once in the last nine years....
    We'll see. The issue for me is more the quality of our squad than the amount we spend. I'd rather a 2.5 million Hyypia than a 50 million Stones, any day!

I think you'll be surprised, and FSG will splash some cash this summer. As I said before, the best business sense you can get in football is to win as much as possible. Getting top four would also be, as Sid has pointed out (twice, no?), a vital part of any virtuous spiral towards real success.

Suppose it depends on how you define a big club, I say Chelsea are bigger as they have a bigger fanbase, more power, pay bigger transfer fees and wages, if your going to base it in history then would u say Everton were bigger than Chelsea because Everton have won more trophies, just how u see things like I said

Bigger fanbase, you're having a laugh aren't you? Half of their fans weren't there when Bates bought them for quid and certainly not until the Russian money turned up

Yes your quite correct regarding most Chelsea fans not being around when Ken Bates was in charge but that has to go both ways as Liverpool wouldn't of had there fanbase either if they were not successful 30 or 40 years ago. I think the gloryhunter is a curse on the modern game unfortunately and the more success a club gets the more the parasites come out of the woodwork as us and United have shown, Chelsea are seeing right now and Manchester City will soon find out. The biggest fanbase in the country is United by a mile, then comes Chelsea then Arsenal and then ourselves, to be honest we have done well to be fourth place considering the consumer base has been starved of real success for nearly 30 years apart from Istanbul...

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Yes your quite correct regarding most Chelsea fans not being around when Ken Bates was in charge but that has to go both ways as Liverpool wouldn't of had there fanbase either if they were not successful 30 or 40 years ago. I think the gloryhunter is a curse on the modern game unfortunately and the more success a club gets the more the parasites come out of the woodwork as us and United have shown, Chelsea are seeing right now and Manchester City will soon find out. The biggest fanbase in the country is United by a mile, then comes Chelsea then Arsenal and then ourselves, to be honest we have done well to be fourth place considering the consumer base has been starved of real success for nearly 30 years apart from Istanbul...

Really
    Alonso is a good player,Lucas is a proven world class player,In fact he is the best player in the world in his position

We have finished what like once outside the top 8 in the last 50+ years?. We haven't won the league in 26 years.. because we haven't been good enough.. Teams have done better than us and that is allowed you know?? teams are allowed to be more consistent over a season than us..
    We were never going to catch Chelsea this season. we wont catch them next season either if they reproduce this seasons form.. they have 75 points with 7 games left..
    Tottenham are doing well. But they still haven't won anything.They may drop off a little next season.. No one is guaranteed to win that's what am saying..
    we have won a hell of a lot in the last 25 years compared to most teams in the league...
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by red4life86 View Post
    Just strolled past and had a glance through the window. See not much has changed. Which is good and bad in equal measure.

Quick question though, how come such a blantantly obvious Manc is getting so much airtime? Only two people I've ever heard call the manager Kloppsy. Both Mancs, both dickheads. Three now.

There are clues if you look through his posts, the several 'small club' comments would be a starting point, utter cnt. You're going to have to be a lot more aware kids, I'm not around to protect you anymore...
    Youre back!
    Agree. The guys a fucking clown whoa been on a long fishing trip yet people are still taking his bait.

[QUOTE=teesred;2460978]Youre back!
    Agree. The guys a fucking clown whoa been on a long fishing trip yet people are still taking his bait.[/QUO

Taking it!!!, i'm supplying it lol.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Yes fair points, Spurs haven't won much last 25 years your quite right, There league title drought is even longer than ours, think it's about 60 years while ours is coming up to 30 years. I think this season was Spurs only real chance of ever winning the league again much like ours was under Rodgers a few seasons ago as I think playing home games at Wembley will harm there chances completely.

I like how he starts every post with "fair point". Kind of nice.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non