Bet for FREE on football and win real cash bet4F is changing the game

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: West Brom (away)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We have never beaten a Pulis side away in the league. 0W 5D 3L.
    It's our hardest remaining game.
    We're due a win then.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

The next four games are all tricky enough imo.

Migs
    Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
    Wiji Lucas Can
    Origi Firmino Coutinho

Or

Migs
    Lovren Matip Klavan
    Clyne Can Wiji Milner
    Origi Firmino Coutinho

I'd start 433 and change it second half as needs be.

Amazing that we always struggle against Pulis sides but so hope we do a good job tomorrow. Whatever you say about Pulis, his teams are always well set up and I'm really hoping that we can start well and our players turn up. No use turning up with the wrong attitude tomorrow. Have to be on it for the whole game and our mindset will be so important.
    Come on Reds

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    We're due a win then.
    We are indeed, think the 3 cb will start this. Would be great to take 3pts as if utd werent to win against chelsea i think top 4 would be gone for them

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarf View Post
    Amazing that we always struggle against Pulis sides but so hope we do a good job tomorrow. Whatever you say about Pulis, his teams are always well set up and I'm really hoping that we can start well and our players turn up. No use turning up with the wrong attitude tomorrow. Have to be on it for the whole game and our mindset will be so important.
    Come on Reds
    I don't know about well set up....defensively teams like Chelsea and Spurs are well set up, but Pulis' teams are just full of big thugs, that make you worry about your own players getting injured. That is why Klopp had such a go at him on the touchline at anfield. Yacob is a dirty bastrd, so is Jonas Olsen. James Mcclean is an animal. I don't mind hard defensive players that can play, like Baresi or even Souness, but you feel with Pulis his teams are set up to play that way because he doesn't know how to set up to play attractive attacking football. The evidence is at stoke, Palace and now west brom.If people like Eddie Howe can do it on a shoestring why cant a 'football man' like Pulis do it.

Lovren interview:
    https://streamable.com/djv90

Lev Yashin interview:
    https://streamable.com/g4ong

Some choice quotes from Mignolet:

"Pulis sides are pure sht"

"Pulis teams have about as much culture as a deserted island".

"If none of those fuckers injure me then I'll come up for every corner and bang in a hatty just for the promotion of purity and all that's good in the world."

"Fuck off Pulis, fuck off WBA, fuck off negative football. We want those three points more than them".

Not really, obvi, but are we fans the only ones to think such things?

Yep it's a bit odd to me the whole defensive = negative football. Then people expect us (me included) to do really well defensively/negatively.

There the two basic facets of the game ascribed with connotations. Defense/negative and attack/positive.

Ideally a team sets up to do both well, a bit like Juve or Athleti (less so).
    Personally don't think we're that far off it, again looking at the too often qouted poor defensive displays and poor losses/draws. For me it's a group mentality issue first, squad depth(Matip) and organisation for set pieces which isn't helped by our sometimes lacking of height or poor contesting of headers, goalkeeper cops a bit too.

Ultimately some teams will set up a bus , as they don't fancy their chances in open play or normal football. It's a bit like ropa-dope (albeit he was an exceptional boxer). It requires the opponent to remain calm and keep composure. Working patiently within the challenge, not tanking out trying to force it, being selective and not leaving oneself open in an all out attack.

Sounness often on TV talks about his LFC days playing for a footballing side. How they could defend and in the first fifteen minutes would often play long balls to boycott most of the defensive structure and extend the pitch opening up space. As 19 also details the early cross in behind to turn defenders. The nightmare to defend og probable ones.

It's unlikely to dissapear from the pl, and it's something we have the skillset to do better at. Hopefully and I've good faith that Klopp will use the preseason as well as he did in the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Yep it's a bit odd to me the whole defensive = negative football. Then people expect us (me included) to do really well defensively/negatively.

There the two basic facets of the game ascribed with connotations. Defense/negative and attack/positive.

Ideally a team sets up to do both well, a bit like Juve or Athleti (less so).
    Personally don't think we're that far off it, again looking at the too often qouted poor defensive displays and poor losses/draws. For me it's a group mentality issue first, squad depth(Matip) and organisation for set pieces which isn't helped by our sometimes lacking of height or poor contesting of headers, goalkeeper cops a bit too.

Ultimately some teams will set up a bus , as they don't fancy their chances in open play or normal football. It's a bit like ropa-dope (albeit he was an exceptional boxer). It requires the opponent to remain calm and keep composure. Working patiently within the challenge, not tanking out trying to force it, being selective and not leaving oneself open in an all out attack.

Sounness often on TV talks about his LFC days playing for a footballing side. How they could defend and in the first fifteen minutes would often play long balls to boycott most of the defensive structure and extend the pitch opening up space. As 19 also details the early cross in behind to turn defenders. The nightmare to defend og probable ones.

It's unlikely to dissapear from the pl, and it's something we have the skillset to do better at. Hopefully and I've good faith that Klopp will use the preseason as well as he did in the last one.
    Balance between attack and defence is something we've lacked since 08/09. We need to get it right next year: needing to score at least 2 to win every game is unrealistic. I would wildly celebrate a clean sheet today, although I find it hard to imagine.