Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: McKenzie Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    No such thing as hate crime or hate speech just a made up, fabricated, jumped up law brought up by politically correct fools with too much time on there hands while sitting in the free members bar of Westminister...Political Correctness gone mad....
    getting back off topic, which Man U players would fit into the current Liverpool 11 in your opinion?
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Hate crime is not a law. The equality act 2010 brought together several old laws under one all encompassing umbrella. You can not as a service provider or employer, shop owner etc discriminate against anyone based on 8 named protected characteristics which in some Way cover all of us, including;

Sex
    Race
    Religious beliefs
    Sexuality
    Disability
    Marital status
    Gender reassignment
    Pregnancy

And another one or two I can't remember.

If you attack someone either verbally or physicall based on the above you could be prosecuted under this act and it will likely be labelled a hate crime. At least 5 of this affect us all. People can legally mock you for being a scouser or Manc or a Yorkshireman but would fall fall under this law for going after a Welshman, Scotsman or stupidly Cornish.

De Gea deffo Smalling possibly,Carrick possibly for passing purposes, Herrera deffo, Pogba deffo, Rashford deffo, Lindagard possibly and big Ibra deffo, just my thoughts....

So is calling somebody a racist, religious or something sexual anymore hurtful to somebody wearing glasses, fat, thin or maybe self conscience about something else then...

De Gea deffo Smalling possibly,Carrick possibly for passing purposes, Herrera deffo, Pogba deffo, Rashford deffo, Lindagard possibly and big Ibra deffo, just my thoughts....
    Still can't believe Juve rinsed you for 40 million for Pogba

So is calling somebody a racist, religious or something sexual anymore hurtful to somebody wearing glasses, fat, thin or maybe self conscience about something else then...
    Maybe not. But being fat or wearing glasses is not a protected characteristic under the quality act. In the workplace though these could be covered by a companies bullying policy but not the law.

He's not United. If he knew anything about them you'd go for the keeper and that midfielder with long hard to spell name mikaterian with a y in there somewhere. Both top players.

What about Rooney ?
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Like I say by separating crime your going down a very dodgy road, if an 80 year old woman was alone in her home and there was somebody in her back garden late at night do you think it's right that the police wouldn't come out to investigate her phone call as quick as if the 80 year old woman was of ethnic background, transgender or religious Muslim because that's the can of worms that's now been opened with this labelling crime as hate crime or speech...

Who says police won't come as quick?