Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ox

We don't need expensive squad players, he's young English and from Arsenal so he will be expensive.

We need players that will/could put Lallana, Hendo, Can, Wij on the bench, they can be our squad players.....that's what teams with serious aspirations of actually winning the league will do.

I'm hoping it's bollocks, we went for Draxler in January... how is Ox anywhere near that level?
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    We don't need expensive squad players, he's young English and from Arsenal so he will be expensive.

We need players that will/could put Lallana, Hendo, Can, Wij on the bench, they can be our squad players.....that's what teams with serious aspirations of actually winning the league will do.

I'm hoping it's bollocks, we went for Draxler in January... how is Ox anywhere near that level?
    Sense, at last.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I wouldn't mind the ox as a squad player. Not that enthusiastic really. What is his best position actually?
    But it begs the question if we think he is good enough for our squad, then why don't arsenal want to keep him? Is he agitating for a move? Contract running out? I haven't followed the details of this particular transfer rumour.
    Better him than walcott I suppose.
    His contract is running out and is supposedly unhappy there.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    His contract is running out and is supposedly unhappy there.
    I'm sure he'll be much happier on our bench.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post

Doubt he'd be expensive with 12 month's left.
    I'm amazed people seem to think midfield is an area where we need to add superior quality (particularly with other areas).

Can, Wiji, Lucas , Lallana & Hendo seem to have various posters who don't see anything of worth in them. Baffles me.
    Yet imo midfield has rarely been an issue this season bar numbers.

There's the gk/CB issue the heart of the defence. A wide forward (Phil and Mane only real wideforwards of pedigree at club-bobbh and div can do a job). Sorting out the strikers. A left back.
    Imo midfield is one of the areas we simply need a bit more quantity. Add another and replace Lucas/DM if he goes. In that respect a cheap ox would be worth acquiring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    It's a happier club, fanbase, manager (incidentally has a better player development record) and squad, maybe the bench is happier too

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    I know I would be!
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Reading earlier that he is all but signed for next season. Good option when Mane is out imo.

Providing he's not out himself of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulby View Post
    Reading earlier that he is all but signed for next season. Good option when Mane is out imo.
    I'm more impressed you can read Fulby !
    Alonso is a good player,Lucas is a proven world class player,In fact he is the best player in the world in his position