Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Ox

Very good player I think but not at that price but I thought that about Mane and hes turned out the business. Pacy and scores goals, he would fit in our side well. The thing that would concern me most is his fitness record.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We got 15m for Ibe. Mbabbe or Neymar could cost well in excess of 100m. I find it increasingly difficult to work out what the "right" price is for players.
    True. Especially when you consider we paid 25m for a relegated midfielder. Thought it was way too much back then, but he's been boss, so it really seems like a good deal. Mane too - thought 32m was a high asking price but he turned out ok, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TorbenPiechnik View Post
    35m would be insane. I've been paying much more attention to him since the links first appeared in January, and I'm yet to be truly impressed.

An Arsenal-supporting pal, who never misses a match, doesn't care if he leaves this summer, which worries me (if this rumour is true).

8-10 million max would be alright though, as a gamble, but we'd better buy another winger too!!
    Toon fans didn't seem too arsed when we bought Wij. As well as ze Germans I spoke to at the time when we bought Bobby.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

The 35 million touted is a bit excessive. Baring in mind he is from a "rival" so we have to pay over the odds anyway. Probably worth around the 25m mark.

If he repays the fee with stand out performances then I doubt anyone would actually care.

Just hoped we'd break the Carroll transfer fee with a "world class" signing.

Whose place in the side does he take? If he's coming from Arsenal to LFC, it isn't to sit on the bench.

He's not worth anywhere near 35m either. What's he shown with Arsenal to get that price tag? Ox is decent but he wouldn't be a signing I'd make.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    Whose place in the side does he take? If he's coming from Arsenal to LFC, it isn't to sit on the bench.

He's not worth anywhere near 35m either. What's he shown with Arsenal to get that price tag? Ox is decent but he wouldn't be a signing I'd make.
    Cant really see a position for him in the starting 11, as an impact sub maybe? Breaking down teams on the counter with his and Mane's pace together?

....................Coutinho...................... ..

Mane.....................................Ox/Lallana

...............Firmino/Origi/New striker............

I like the player however doesn't play enough for me, another Sturridge, I think another thing we have to remember is why would Arsenal sell him if he was any good to another top six rival, smells to me a bit like the situation Liverpool were in when the bought Sturridge from Chelsea, Chelsea knew what they were doing...

Must say I am looking forward to the challenge for the League next season if we do sign Chamberlain, it will be close campaigner with us signing him, United signing Greizman possibly Neymar and City wanting Messi, there again we have Klopp....

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    I like the player however doesn't play enough for me, another Sturridge, I think another thing we have to remember is why would Arsenal sell him if he was any good to another top six rival, smells to me a bit like the situation Liverpool were in when the bought Sturridge from Chelsea, Chelsea knew what they were doing...

Must say I am looking forward to the challenge for the League next season if we do sign Chamberlain, it will be close campaigner with us signing him, United signing Greizman possibly Neymar and City wanting Messi, there again we have Klopp....
    Despite his injuries, you can say we got the upper hand over Chelsea, plus it was Rafa who sold him to us and they had Torres a 50m pound one knee player.

Based on how he performed and the goals he scored for us added to that he cost what, 12-14m? Think we did a lot better on that deal

I keep dreaming about us breaking the Carroll fee by signing Van Dijk for 50m. That would be a statement no one could ignore, save us 10 goals a season, help attract other good players and give us a genuine captain for 7 or 8 years.

Maybe Sturridge will go in the opposite way?? Its shame that Sturridge will probably leave.. But he's never fit and never likely to be.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Can't see it though, every Premier League club will want him and more than one abroad.