Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ox

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    30 odd million and at least £100k a week for a solid squad member, really??,we have enough of them in the first team.
    How about actually buying someone who puts THEM on the bloody bench.

If he was on a free, fair enough but not for anywhere near those numbers and he'd want assurances of a starting place.
    Where did those figures come from

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think we will. Plenty of reports saying weve been watching lots of pickford at sunderland. Not a prayer theyre staying up so might get him at knockdown price.
    if that's the case then and he did sign.. Would be a massive boost.A steady keeper rather then a flashy one who looks good but makes errors.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by JONO View Post
    Where did those figures come from

£35m has been the number doing the rounds in recent weeks with reports saying we're reluctant to over £20m!, and he's on £65k now. He'll want a pay rise for sure.

Hopefully he'll want to run his contract out.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    £35m has been the number doing the rounds in recent weeks with reports saying we're reluctant to over £20m!, and he's on £65k now. He'll want a pay rise for sure.

Hopefully he'll want to run his contract out.
    Of course he will want a pay rise, how can he expect to live on 65k per week!!!!!!
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    if that's the case then and he did sign.. Would be a massive boost.A steady keeper rather then a flashy one who looks good but makes errors.

Is he that much of an upgrade considering how much he'll cost?, watching him yesterday he didn't look very imposing on crosses....looks a bit small for a keeper, no doubt a great shot stopper but Mig aint bad at that either.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    Whose place in the side does he take? If he's coming from Arsenal to LFC, it isn't to sit on the bench.

He's not worth anywhere near 35m either. What's he shown with Arsenal to get that price tag? Ox is decent but he wouldn't be a signing I'd make.
    Doubt his signing position is like that tbh. There'll be more hectic months than this season next season most likely cl, if not el surely.

He can be used to rest wide forwards in games occasionally with a good defensive workrate. But i doubt that'd happen often.
    Far more likely to be used in midfield, albeit he'd behind this seasons four players. He'll get enough minutes.

Very simply the appeal of improving under Klopp is massive. He'd be one of the lucky Arsenal players who'd get the chance to resurrect his career at a top club, unlike Wilshire or Allen here.

I think when you study players you do it over more than one game.Pickford as had rave reviews (not saying hes actually the answer)
    Mignolet as had good patches but often bad patches..Can anyone honestly say Mignolet will be anymore than average?
    Leader of all..master of none..

The BBC had a link to a story about united signing griezman and oblak for £125 mill. Using the 85mill for griezman reported fees would mean the stories suggest oblak is going for around 40 mill !

Though going on stories both united and city might spend 2billion this summer

Would Pickford be getting those rave reviews if he was French?

Not saying he's no good, just that he'll cost a fortune.

Pickford and Ox could be most of our summer budget before sales, paying a massive premium because of their nationality would be madness.

If they get them it will have the big clubs shaking in there boots for next season, but anyway we have Klopp so we should be alrite for winning the league...