Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ox

Err he's not great, and always injured isn't he?

But that's just arsenal I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    If they get them it will have the big clubs shaking in there boots for next season, but anyway we have Klopp so we should be alrite for winning the league...
    Exactly, great to see you're losing that defeatist attitude

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    30 odd million and at least 100k a week for a solid squad member, really??,we have enough of them in the first team.
    How about actually buying someone who puts THEM on the bloody bench.
    Think of it this way.

He will probably get the appearances/minutes of Lucas+Ings+Sturridge+Markovic but we'd be in profit from sales and the fee.

I am 100% behind the "get a great player in, relegate a lesser player to squad duties" mentality, but if we aren't able to shop from the top shelf right now, this may not be a terrible way to go, especially if it's solving several issues (Ox has probably had some minutes in both sets of "3" positions in a 4-3-3 with Arsenal) at once whilst allowing us to prioritise elsewhere, such as centre-back or striker.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Maybe he can come in for Sturridge off the treatment table...sorry I mean bench haha.....

Still waiting to hear why we'd spend 20m-30m and 100k per week, for an Arsenal reject to sit on our bench. I'm not sure our fans have thought this through.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Think he'd be worth ten mill and no wage increase, if Klopp is willing to let him join the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    Still waiting to hear why we'd spend 20m-30m and 100k per week, for an Arsenal reject to sit on our bench. I'm not sure our fans have thought this through.
    Klopp's buying him so probably something you need to be asking him
    Alonso is a good player,Lucas is a proven world class player,In fact he is the best player in the world in his position

Still waiting to hear why we'd spend 20m-30m and 100k per week, for an Arsenal reject to sit on our bench.
    Well, we don't know that he'd sit on the bench always. Plus, if we're in 4 competitions, we need decent bench options anyway.

Also, Arsenal players in general get injured a lot it seems - perhaps Klopp knows something we don't. Look at Lallana - always used to get hauled off after 65-70 minutes for Southampton as he'd be absolutely knackered - now arguably the fittest player in the country.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Maybe he can come in for Sturridge off the treatment table...sorry I mean bench haha.....
    That's seriously hilarious
    Alonso is a good player,Lucas is a proven world class player,In fact he is the best player in the world in his position

Our squad needs depth. He plays in many positions, is young, English and pacy. He can effectively cover two of the three forward positions and probably two of the three midfield ones.

Not sure he'd be on a 100kpw but even if he is, that's hardly a huge sum these days. I think it would be a decent piece of business (provided the price isn't too crazy), akin to Sturridge for us and Welbeck for them. Think he could be the cover to Mane we've so sorely lacked this season.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non