Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ox

Think what we need to ask is to seriously consider challenge United, City and Chelsea for League titles how much are the players going to cost to do this and does the likes of Chamberlain fit in with this...

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Think what we need to ask is to seriously consider challenge United, City and Chelsea for League titles how much are the players going to cost to do this and does the likes of Chamberlain fit in with this...
    Two of those clubs are below us

Quote Originally Posted by JONO View Post
    Klopp's buying him so probably something you need to be asking him
    You know that for sure, do you?
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Best anyone can come up with is that he'll play now and again, or cover for Mane.

Let's say 25m and 100k p/w for that. John Henry must have found a spare billion down the back of the sofa.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Our squad needs depth. He plays in many positions, is young, English and pacy. He can effectively cover two of the three forward positions and probably two of the three midfield ones.

Not sure he'd be on a 100kpw but even if he is, that's hardly a huge sum these days. I think it would be a decent piece of business (provided the price isn't too crazy), akin to Sturridge for us and Welbeck for them. Think he could be the cover to Mane we've so sorely lacked this season.
    Don't think he's good enough for the forward line bar late cameos. If he came in on a 100kpw, he'd be paid more than Can & Wiji get, whilst definitely behind them in the pecking order imo.

We're allegedly in a strong position would be daft to over pay on fees and wages for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    Best anyone can come up with is that he'll play now and again, or cover for Mane.

Let's say 25m and 100k p/w for that. John Henry must have found a spare billion down the back of the sofa.
    Am i on your ignore list ? Would you take him for 10-13 mill on 65-75 kpw for an area we don't really need 1st team additions as such but need some numbers, whereas other areas are more in need of big investment?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Am i on your ignore list ? Would you take him for 10-13 mill on 65-75 kpw for an area we don't really need 1st team additions as such but need some numbers, whereas other areas are more in need of big investment?
    Why does that strike you as even realistic? I asked in my first post on the subject, why Ox would come to LFC to sit on the bench?

Start thinking before you start typing.

Depends on which way you want to look at things I suppose, those Clubs for me will only be below us a season before they kick on and move to a different stratosphere to ourselves, but hey...we have Klopp...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    Why does that strike you as even realistic? I asked in my first post on the subject, why Ox would come to LFC to sit on the bench?

Start thinking before you start typing.
    To play under a better manager. One who has a superior record of developing players. To play with international first teamers here. To escape arsenal where his development has stalled and tactical understanding has not been improved. To escape the various characters at Arsenal.

Moving from Arsenal to LFC would be a move up at this point in time with respect to the clubs. Better manager, better group of players (not arsed on your opinion of player quality here but actual team players)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    To play under a better manager. One who has a superior record of developing players. To play with international first teamers here. To escape arsenal where his development has stalled and tactical understanding has not been improved. To escape the various characters at Arsenal.

Moving from Arsenal to LFC would be a move up at this point in time with respect to the clubs. Better manager, better group of players (not arsed on your opinion of player quality here but actual team players)
    You're entitled to that opinion, just as you're entitled to believe Origi and Lallana are as good as Suarez.