Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ox

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    It's not a signing that makes any sense at all to me, either for us or for him. In those situations, I tend to question what's being rumoured, rather than throw a pile of shit at the wall and hope some of it sticks.
    Fair enough. We have a disagreement as to what makes for him then.

Agree we could probably get better abroad for the same money. More than open to giving him a chance though.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Fair enough. We have a disagreement as to what makes for him then.

Agree we could probably get better abroad for the same money. More than open to giving him a chance though.
    The only way his signing could make sense, is if it's to replace one of the existing players i.e. one of the current lot is leaving and Ox is taking his place.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

I've only missed a couple of games prior to Bournemouth. I've watched the majority of games this and most other seasons.

It was a simple question:

Would you take him for 10-13 mill on 65-75 kpw for an area we don't really need 1st team additions as such but need some numbers, whereas other areas are more in need of big investment?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I've only missed a couple of games prior to Bournemouth. I've watched the majority of games this and most other seasons.

It was a simple question:

Would you take him for 10-13 mill on 65-75 kpw for an area we don't really need 1st team additions as such but need some numbers, whereas other areas are more in need of big investment?
    My opinion on the signing is pretty clear, if you read my posts on the subject.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

The only way his signing could make sense, is if it's to replace one of the existing players i.e. one of the current lot is leaving and Ox is taking his place.
    If he's good enough to replace one of the starters, should they be going, he's good enough to play half (and maybe/probably more) of the season in a potentially far more congested schedule.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    So your opinion in the absence of an answer to a question is that you would not sign him for 10-13 mill on 65-75kpw as a squad player for next seasons busier schedule.
    I'd take Messi at 50m and 200K p/w but it's not going to happen. Pulling figures out of our arse doesn't help the debate.

I'd take Messi at 50m and 200K p/w but it's not going to happen. Pulling figures out of our arse doesn't help the debate.
    We don't share an arse brc your a different person mate.
    The discussion of the thread was the potential signing of Ox. Subsequently rumoured figures have been thrown around of 30odd mill with Klopp allegedly not wanting to go over 20 odd, and speculation on here say of a pay rise to 100kpw.

I've offered an opinion on the fee we should be looking to sign him for with him entering his final year of his contract. Also why he'd join us as a squad player to improve under Klopp and kick-start his career. Given that position i think its feasible to roughly match his current wage. It's possible he could sign on a pre-contract in January.

If ox really wants to come here i don't think he's in a position to make demands or good enough to get into the first team, but would feature regularly. Unlike Messi who wouldn't need to make demands. So while you'd sign Messi in those unlikely circumstance (messi at present is likely to be able to sign a pre-contract in January also). You've not made it clear if you'd sign ox under the circumstances I've suggested.

Do you really think he's worth 35 mill and 100kpw and would only sign here if he was guaranteed to bench one of our best 11? I doubt you think he's that good myself.

If he could be signed for 10-13 mill on 65-75kpw accepting he needs to establish himself here and knuckle down, would you deem that as a poor squad addition ? Or one worth making?

You're not quite getting it yet. Why bother discussing figures you're just making up? What purpose does that serve?

There's a whole range of values where it makes sense for him to come to LFC and sit on the bench, from a LFC perspective. I've already told you that I don't think that's even realistic. There are no good reasons, for Ox's next move to be to another bench, from his perspective. None. Are you getting that yet?

Maybe he'll end up at Celtic, with the expectation that Brenty turns him in to the next Suarez. Who knows.
    Last edited by TheBigRC; 16th April 2017 at 10:13 PM.

We're discussing ox as a potential signing. Thought people's valuation of the player given his circumstance might be relevant in this thread.

It seems as though your incapable of suspending an idea you have that he wouldn't swap his position at arsenal for a similar one at LFC (i disagree), and so cant consider what you'd consider good value with respect to his fee and wage, or won't express it.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think when you study players you do it over more than one game.Pickford as had rave reviews (not saying hes actually the answer)
    Mignolet as had good patches but often bad patches..Can anyone honestly say Mignolet will be anymore than average?
    Rave reviews for Pickford at Sunderland doesn't really mean much. Mignolet was Sunderland's player of the year in 2013.