Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motm V wba away

Motm V wba away

Personally thought it was Bobby today, who scored gave it to him too. They had Matip second. But always interesting to see who other people go for.

Thought the midfield was really good today and the BBC match report agreed where Emre was given the motm.
    http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/39543147

What was particularly impressive about Liverpool, though, was their midfield domination, which restricted the home side to just a handful of efforts at goal.
    Lucas, Georginio Wijnaldum and Emre Can were key to keeping West Brom at bay, and ensured a win that keeps Klopp's side well on course for next season's Champions League.

Can was involved in 20 duels - more than any player (i thought he made a lot of lung busting runs to kill counters today)

Some other stats from the article:

Phil&Bob scored 4 of our last 5 goals.

Bobby two winners in a week.

Roberto Firmino has now surpassed his Premier League goal tally from last season (10 in 2015-16, 11 in 2016-17).

Since the start of last season, Firmino has been directly involved in 34 Premier League goals (21 goals, 13 assists), more than any other Liverpool player.

Liverpool have won 66 points from 33 games this season; six points more than they picked up in the whole of 2015-16.

West Brom have failed to score in four consecutive Premier League games for the first time since April 2003.

Liverpool have scored in more league away games this season (14) than they did in 2015-16 (13).

Lucas has provided two assists in a Premier League season for the first time since 2009-10. (Scored a header from a set-piece in the cup too)

West Brom have lost three of their past four Premier League games at The Hawthorns, as many as they lost in their previous 14 combined.

Liverpool kept only their second league clean sheet in 2017, in what was their 14th game of this calendar year.

Anyway
    1) Bobby
    2) Can
    3) Lucas/Wiji

Yeah i said in the match day thread I thought Firmino was brilliant today.. His first touch and movement was superb.
    I thought wijnaldum was quiet.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Mignolet made a save, so he's automatically in the running

On a serious note, Firmino was MOTM. He is absolutely vital to our team and when he's out, we miss him more than any other player (yes, including Mane).
    Last edited by TheBigRC; 17th April 2017 at 08:54 AM.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Firmino MOTM

Next best was Mignolet. Not only an excellent save in a one on one situation but also commanded the box really well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post

Bit unfair, there were a couple of under-pressure punched clearances, and I don't remember him kicking long out of the ground.
    Davecull

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCull View Post
    Bit unfair, there were a couple of under-pressure punched clearances, and I don't remember him kicking long out of the ground.
    There was a big grin at the end of the sentence, which means I was taking the piss.

Mig has done well in the last 2 games. Not bad, considering he has been here 4 seasons. The lad is fast improving.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

A tough one to call. On consulting the stats https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1080875/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2016-2017-West-Bromwich-Albion-Liverpool, it appears that the top three are Firmino, Matip, then Can.

For me, though, Lucas and Mignolet are joint winners. I think the previous three played very well, but Lucas and Mignolet played above their usual level. They were both fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post

On a serious note, Firmino was MOTM. He is absolutely vital to our team and when he's out, we miss him more than any other player (yes, including Mane).
    Only in the last few games (I've seen ) has bobby started to look really comfortable and effective in the wide forward role.

Quote Originally Posted by TorbenPiechnik View Post
    A tough one to call. On consulting the stats https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1080875/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2016-2017-West-Bromwich-Albion-Liverpool, it appears that the top three are Firmino, Matip, then Can.

For me, though, Lucas and Mignolet are joint winners. I think the previous three played very well, but Lucas and Mignolet played above their usual level. They were both fantastic.
    Was having a look at whoscored the other day with respect to our centrebacks including Sahko & Lucas.
    Statistically at strengths and weaknesses, still getting the laptop up and going so people can check it out themselves if they like but a brief summary.

Weaknesses: well Klavan has two (Dr aerial duels & tackling not the best for a CB), other 4 options no statistical weakness.
    Strengths: Lucas 4, Matip & Sahko 3 each, Lovren 2, Klavan 1 , as memory serves.

Also when looking at the season average stat i was looking at starts as some sub appearances like Matip skew your rating a tiny bit, bar a wonder impact subs get a 6ish rating.
    Anyway on Lucas he's started 3 games as a DM with 2 assists, and his ratings albeit just for 3 games was really high around the 8mark, 8.01. His rating for starts at CB 6.87 is competitive with Lovren and Matip just above 7, while Klavans is lower than Lucas, and Sahko is highest at 7.15 (not checked post their game with Leicester)

I'd venture the maligned Lucas would even take a small paycut to stay here too ! But why would he take a small pay cut to stay at LFC, isn't it obvious folks

Also of interest Origi in 8 or 9 starts has 4goals & 2 assists and still has the best goal & goal&assist stats per minute at the club. While not the finished article i thought his pressing was good yesterday and noticeably dropped off when Sturridge came on. Sturridge did impact the game earlier in the week but his effectiveness may be dependent on us being in control of possession and pushing rather than yesterday when we were a little under the pressure. Bit obvious that really i guess.