Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Warning 2

That's a very good post, it's honest and a very enjoyable read, gives me plenty of food for thought abc the kind of response I am looking for that can help me understand.
    I think my big problem is am a bit of a dinosaur, am a traditionalist firmly stuck in my ways and sadly for me the modern game has moved on and I don't feel a part of it now. I don't think I am alone there are plenty of people my age that also feel disconnected from the club .
    The worst thing is I know the club want my season ticket off me and I will tell you why...I am local, I get into the match about 5 mins before kick off and I leave about 3 mins after the final whistle, I don't buy Liverpool cups of tea for about 4 quid, sausage rolls about. Fiver or Liverpool lager same price, I haven't been the souvenir shop since it moved to behind the Kop and John Henry doesn't get a penny off me more than my season ticket price, now think of an Out of Town tourist fan, he gets to the ground about 3 hours before kick off, goes the club shop and probably comes out with two carrier bags full of badges, scarves, and I love Kevin Keegan pennants, he'd probably also wearing the latest club shirt, he will go in the fround and spend about 15 or 20 quid on refreshments take a load of pics and then post them all on Facebook or something. Who do you think John Genry wants to have a season ticket,
    These are some of the reasons the Club and fans are disconnected and especially when u throw in mercenary player wages and owners blatantly wanting profits before trophies....

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    The Roar on the telly could easily be controlled by the volume, 25k on the Kop could just as well sounded the same as 10k at Derby County depending on how high your volume was haha. If it was the all red strip what was wrong with Leyton Orient...
    Come on now tell the truth in 1976 Liverpool were the main club at that time and you picked them because of that haha, makes no odds to me people can pick whoever they want it's the real reason that interests me especially when they say it's not because of fame or glory which ofcorse it is...
    Already told you the truth,like I said I was 7!....

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPEA View Post
    Of course it's glory hunting. Even if at a young age you were not aware of the trophy hauls the coverage we received will have sublimally pointed you towards the best. That is why so many 40-55s around the country are liverpool 'fans' and 18-40 united. People may claim other reasons but there were years in the 80s were Liverpool were the only team anyone knew. Like the combined media coverage and hype of today's top 6. With European games, fa cup runs and itvs the match I reckon 60-70% of live games involved Liverpool.

I think the NBA is a good analogy for the Irish fans. Still can't get why a sheep botherer would have chosen Liverpool ahead of Cardiff or Swansea.
    Still the same old predicable shyte eh Jay?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Still the same old predicable shyte eh Jay?.....
    Every Welsh person I know is a vicious anti English type. Sheep botherer is pretty mild.

Quite ironic the hatred when it's the English stopping wales being a third world country.

Now now come on Jay, it's not their fault they're Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Now now come on Jay, it's not their fault they're Welsh.
    ...and written with grammatical excellence, well done Sir!
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPEA View Post
    Every Welsh person I know is a vicious anti English type. Sheep botherer is pretty mild.

Quite ironic the hatred when it's the English stopping wales being a third world country.
    Personally I'm not at all anti-English(rugby union apart)...Mother was born in Bristol,have a mate born in Ludlow who's moving back here from a stint working in Australia,another who I used to work with who's been down here approx.25 years from Dudley and to be honest the way the Welsh language is shoved in our faces down where I'm from in south east Wales when 99% are native English speakers really pisses me off!....For me it's just the condescending/patronizing we're better than you attitude by some English that gets my back up in all honesty...Apart from that everything's triff...
    Last edited by Martyboy; 21st April 2017 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    I do indeed...had it for over 30 years in fact...
    Genuine question, not trying to offend, but I work in education and I'm curious... How did you, as an old timer, manage to cultivate the grammar pattern of a 'millennial' half your age?

It could be dicko on a wind up to increase the post count.

Or could be a genuine question about people who adopt a Club not there own to support and wether or not they are genuine football reasons.
    The other part is where would Football be if everyone was a gloryhunter and picked Clubs due to fame and glory...