Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Urgent Warning 2

No Spangler. While people from other parts of country choose the famous or current successful club at school most in my experience stick with that club why else would we have so many middle aged fans from all over the country and UK?!

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPEA View Post
    No Spangler. While people from other parts of country choose the famous or current successful club at school most in my experience stick with that club why else would we have so many middle aged fans from all over the country and UK?!
    Exactly, in my experience they pick a team at a young age, and stick with them whatever. That's what proper fans do.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Yes there's no doubts they pickna team my question is the reason for picking that team. People say there not gloryhunters so why on earth would you pick a club hundreds of miles from where you live, one you could never properly support because you live to far away to attend games and more importantly it will only e we be an adopted club for you that will never truly be yours as it will never properly represent you...just doesn't make sense.
    I can honestly say from my own experience that having your own club that you can actively participate in going to matches and getting involved is a far better experience than watching on televisions or behind computer screens...

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Yes there's no doubts they pickna team my question is the reason for picking that team. People say there not gloryhunters so why on earth would you pick a club hundreds of miles from where you live, one you could never properly support because you live to far away to attend games and more importantly it will only e we be an adopted club for you that will never truly be yours as it will never properly represent you...just doesn't make sense.
    I can honestly say from my own experience that having your own club that you can actively participate in going to matches and getting involved is a far better experience than watching on televisions or behind computer screens...
    I have a friend who has supported Tottenham since he was a youngster, can't remember his reasoning behind it but when he first started supporting them, probably the late 60's they certainly wasn't successful so i'm sure he isn't the only one to start supporting a team that wasn't used to winning anything. If he was a glory hunter, Liverpool Man Utd or even Leeds would have been better options.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Ok he never supported Spurs through the glory of winning anything but what about supporting them through the glory of being Tottenham Hotspur . If your friend is not from North London and doesn't support Spurs or Arsenal and not a gloryhunter like you claim then why doesn't he support Charlton Athletic, Queens Park Rangers or Fulham or even a Brentford or Leyton Orient, the answer is easy it's because Arsenaland Spurs are the glamour clubs of London and joined in the last 20 years by Chelsea.

I just don't understand people not admiting the real reason and that's because there gloryhunters why else would you turn your back on ure own local club to support one not ure own...

Why do you support Liverpool instead of Everton?

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Ok he never supported Spurs through the glory of winning anything but what about supporting them through the glory of being Tottenham Hotspur . If your friend is not from North London and doesn't support Spurs or Arsenal and not a gloryhunter like you claim then why doesn't he support Charlton Athletic, Queens Park Rangers or Fulham or even a Brentford or Leyton Orient, the answer is easy it's because Arsenaland Spurs are the glamour clubs of London and joined in the last 20 years by Chelsea.

I just don't understand people not admiting the real reason and that's because there gloryhunters why else would you turn your back on ure own local club to support one not ure own...
    You would need to ask him that, as I said before I don't know why he picked Spurs over the others.

So glory hunting now has very little to with hunting glory...

Of people over here a few i know support their local clubs (many don't have a local club) and support top teams abroad (as well if they have a local one).
    Of the glory hunters over here i know a city fan grandad for 40+ years and his son (also a dad) for 20+years been to games in lower divisions well before the shadky fella took over, Norwich fans, villa fans, partick thistle , Preston , Brighton, Ipswich town and Crewe. Oh the glitz and the glamour.

I have the utmost respect for those lower league fans, these for me are true supporters, instead of turning there backs ob there local club in favour of richer, famous more glamorous clubs they stayed true to there roots...fair play to them...

I could of easily supported Everton only my family line is Liverpool, coming from Liverpool your virtually one or the other and fatherers and grandfathers. And even great grandfathers are all a major influence.
    One thing is certain when you come from Liverpool supporting United, City or Chelsea is out of the question even tho they might be bigger and more successful now, staying true to your roots and where you come from is very, very important when it comes to identity in this part of the world...