Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Warning 2

Dear oh dear Jono . I hope you didn't stay up all night pondering that theory, did you?
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Don't think virtual reality friends are proper friends myself just like people who claim to be Liverpool fans and don't go to the match are not proper fans in my book either...just a traditionalist point of view tho...
    I used to like ABBA, but i didn't need to see them live to prove i'm a fan.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Yep ABBA were good at the time, People can consider themselves as fans as much as they want it's all about opinions afterall, just like a person from outside Liverpool can say it's there team if they want as it's just how a person sees it. I just think it's very sad when people adopt the Club of another persons city mainly because there one where they come from isn't as good...successful or as famous, this is just my opinion...

Yep ABBA were good at the time, People can consider themselves as fans as much as they want it's all about opinions afterall, just like a person from outside Liverpool can say it's there team if they want as it's just how a person sees it. I just think it's very sad when people adopt the Club of another persons city mainly because there one where they come from isn't as good...successful or as famous, this is just my opinion...
    Why don't you support Salford FC then?

Part of me feels same. Never quite get why people from all over support Liverpool or united. What puzzles me is Irish or Welsh picking a club in a foreign country to support. Seems crazy. But that said had the privaledge of many great days with Irish fans. Not so much the sheep botherers! We have shit fans from within the city and great ones from abroad. Also without all the historic OOT support and shirt and duvet buying and if it was just local fans we'd be a relic like Huddersfield now. We need their £££

Yes can't argue with those points you have made, the OOT fans and there money definitely play a part in the franchise. The part I don't understand is football should always be about supporting a club that represents you and where you come from, the clue is in the name and why clubs are named after a town, City or place and not after a business or something. I just don't understand why a person would pick another persons city,s club to support instead of there own if they live miles away and can't go and actively watch them play on a regular basis, doesn't make any sense.
    Another thing which makes me laugh is these people who say there not gloryhunter she yet they come from places like Ireland, Wales or Surrey and Norway these people fly or drive past about half a dozen closer clubs yet arrive supporting Liverpool or United yet claim it's not about glory...priceless.

My big question and I really would like an honest answer before any name calling is this...if everyone done what most Liverpool, United, Chelsea and soon to be Man City fans did and pick a team to support because of fame, glory or success what would happen to clubs like Southampton, Portsmouth, Leicester, Gillingham, Rochdale and Plymouths of the this wotld etc...and most important of all what would happen to football?

Yes can't argue with those points you have made, the OOT fans and there money definitely play a part in the franchise. The part I don't understand is football should always be about supporting a club that represents you and where you come from, the clue is in the name and why clubs are named after a town, City or place and not after a business or something. I just don't understand why a person would pick another persons city,s club to support instead of there own if they live miles away and can't go and actively watch them play on a regular basis, doesn't make any sense.
    Another thing which makes me laugh is these people who say there not gloryhunter she yet they come from places like Ireland, Wales or Surrey and Norway these people fly or drive past about half a dozen closer clubs yet arrive supporting Liverpool or United yet claim it's not about glory...priceless.

My big question and I really would like an honest answer before any name calling is this...if everyone done what most Liverpool, United, Chelsea and soon to be Man City fans did and pick a team to support because of fame, glory or success what would happen to clubs like Southampton, Portsmouth, Leicester, Gillingham, Rochdale and Plymouths of the this wotld etc...and most important of all what would happen to football?
    They have all survived this long, no reason why anything would change. That's why the league is made up of 92 clubs, not just the elite.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Yes your quite right but it's different now as more and more lower league clubs are going out of business or struggling because the local fans of that area are turning there backs on them to support bigger more successful clubs. You only have to look at the demise of Tranmere Rovers or even Clubs the size of Portsmouth, just have a look at lower league attendances then the attendances of the big premier league clubs to see it's having an impact.
    I was watching a news programme couple of weeks ago and it showed a school in Leeds and although most of the kids had Leeds United shirts on some had United shirts and a few City ones...this I'd Leeds a proud city in its own right and it's own people turning it's back on them to support the club of another City...just don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPEA View Post
    Part of me feels same. Never quite get why people from all over support Liverpool or united. What puzzles me is Irish or Welsh picking a club in a foreign country to support. Seems crazy. But that said had the privaledge of many great days with Irish fans. Not so much the sheep botherers! We have shit fans from within the city and great ones from abroad. Also without all the historic OOT support and shirt and duvet buying and if it was just local fans we'd be a relic like Huddersfield now. We need their £££
    As a kid i started an affinity with LFC due the LFC players playing in euro 88/Italia 90. So rather than glory hunting it was a national following. As a young kid in 88/90 I'd very little knowledge of the glory or access to media which didn't exist then.
    The next generation tuned into united with Keane Irwin McGrath. Then you have the traditional trophy piece of world football the fa cup and handed down from parents/uncles Johnny Giles at Leeds Brady at Arsenal. Maybe a few cfc fans with duffer or spurs with keane now.

Seems a bit strange that given English footballs self-promotion via media, it's sucking up players from all over the world to create a top league would then bemoan the fanbase from such acquisitions​ of players like Rush et all.

Doesn't happen with rugby in Ireland. Money isn't as obscene so provinces can remain competitive. Most of the national players play here and there's a relative parity of quality on display.

Guess it'd be the same for avid basketball fans in Liverpool. Suspect they'd follow the NBA and a team there.

I think people support clubs for different reasons and I suppose you only see it from your own point of view and the way you see it, I like watching Brazil but I have never been there, intend to probably go there and have no proper links with Rio or its people so I would never feel a proper part of it or Real link and that's what I think with club football here.
    Here's another little story of what I mean, I went on a stag nite to Nottingham a few years ago and the next day we were in the pub and the was two games on one room United were playing Palace and the other Forest were playing Cardiff and the United telly was packed and only a handful watching the forest game, this is in Nottingham...