Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Championship...your thoughts.

Championship...your thoughts.

Quite happy to see Brighton in the Premier League. After what they've been through as a club. I also really like Chris Hewton too, never forget that almost feral body celebration he did on the touchline at Norwich when some Norwich player scored a worldy, about three seasons ago.
    As for Newcastle, surely we all want Rafa to get them over the line. Have to admire him for going into that division and getting his hands dirty, when he could have been employed at elite clubs all over Europe. Can you see Mourinho doing that. Getting out of the championship is like the battle of the Somme. Jonjo Shelvey has turned into some player. Always liked him. Not saying he should have stayed with us, but he will always be appreciated on the kop.
    As for the other place..would like to see Klopps mate david wagner come up with Huddersfield.
    I know some people on here want 'big club' Leeds to come up. i have always disliked that club and I want to see them stay down there, far down beneath my heels. I know some of you won't agree but that is my opinion.

Always hard for clubs to survive the Premier League after promotion, can see how there fans will be excited at the prospect. I have no real liking for Brighton myself firstly because I attended both F.A Cup games back in the 80s where they knocked us out both at Anfield from a Jimmy Case thunderbolt and down at there place the very next season, it's never been a particularly good ground for us. The other reason is I would rather have northern clubs coming up, Leeds United, Huddersfield and Preston would all of been great. I don't want Newcastle up tho because of Benitez can't stand the feller the end of his time with us soured my opinion of him his clashes and petulant point scoring with Hicks and Gillette in full punlic view was never the Liverpool way, don't even like the fact he still lives here on Merseyside...
    Hope Leeds can make it up in the play offs that's always been a fantastic fixture on the calenda...

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Quite happy to see Brighton in the Premier League. After what they've been through as a club. I also really like Chris Hewton too, never forget that almost feral body celebration he did on the touchline at Norwich when some Norwich player scored a worldy, about three seasons ago.
    As for Newcastle, surely we all want Rafa to get them over the line. Have to admire him for going into that division and getting his hands dirty, when he could have been employed at elite clubs all over Europe. Can you see Mourinho doing that. Getting out of the championship is like the battle of the Somme. Jonjo Shelvey has turned into some player. Always liked him. Not saying he should have stayed with us, but he will always be appreciated on the kop.
    As for the other place..would like to see Klopps mate david wagner come up with Huddersfield.
    I know some people on here want 'big club' Leeds to come up. i have always disliked that club and I want to see them stay down there, far down beneath my heels. I know some of you won't agree but that is my opinion.
    Spot on. Rafa will go down as of the all time great managers.

Not really bothered who else comes up. Guess it would be nice for the likes of Huddersfield to be in the PL.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Always hard for clubs to survive the Premier League after promotion, can see how there fans will be excited at the prospect. I have no real liking for Brighton myself firstly because I attended both F.A Cup games back in the 80s where they knocked us out both at Anfield from a Jimmy Case thunderbolt and down at there place the very next season, it's never been a particularly good ground for us. The other reason is I would rather have northern clubs coming up, Leeds United, Huddersfield and Preston would all of been great. I don't want Newcastle up tho because of Benitez can't stand the feller the end of his time with us soured my opinion of him his clashes and petulant point scoring with Hicks and Gillette in full punlic view was never the Liverpool way, don't even like the fact he still lives here on Merseyside...
    Hope Leeds can make it up in the play offs that's always been a fantastic fixture on the calenda...
    Haven't you got better things to spend your time on.

I'd love Rafa to come up with Newcastle, which they will - it'd be good for the League, good for Rafa, two tactical games per season that will be good practice for ourselves and it's 6 valuable points that the Mancs will have more difficulty getting, due to history between those two.

Happy to see Brighton come up as they've been doing a lot of things "the right way" for several years now.

Leeds I sort of want to come up just so we can see them do all the things to stay up (higher wages etc.) only to get beaten twice by us and get kicked back down for a long time.

Sensitive question - I wonder how people would feel about Sheffield Wednesday coming up? Would the trip to Hillsborough pose a traumatic re-opening of old wounds, or would it be a bit therapy/closure?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

newcastle are blowing it at the moment, hope they get themselves together and win the rest, huddersfield are doing a spurs

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post

Definately , He should be in the Premier League and will be interesting to see just how well they do ( You would imagine top half in the first season) .A Newcastle mate of mine really does rate Jonjo massively and say they badly miss him when not in the side
    Nobody wants Leeds to come up either the dirty filthy scum
    Alonso is a good player,Lucas is a proven world class player,In fact he is the best player in the world in his position

Yes be interesting if Sheff Wed came back up, we have played there quite a few times since tho. I think the older fans it coukd be sensitive not so much the younger fans who are not really directly affected by it tho.

Haha your kidding aren't you...am havin a whale of a time on here, just knowing my mere presence and posting upsets so many people makes me howl with laughter haha...
    It's amazing how just mere posting can rile a person don't you think..,

Pleased for Houghton seems like a decent guy and has always done a steady job wherever he has been.

Obviously I want Rafa to come back up as I will never forget the CL win in 2005 and also how we were very very hard to beat with him as manager he carried on the good work from Ged a superb manager for us & same as Houghton a decent football guy too.

Play offs not really fussed as long as its not Leeds i'd prefer Huddersfield if pushed.