Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cl: 18-19 April​

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Utd only just about through against the mighty Anderlecht, Ibra & rojo went off injured

Hopefully knackered for burnley now

Pants teams left though, lucky bastards
    Compared to the teams last season at this stage, they are terrible.

My hope rests on Ajax's shoulders now.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

They have been extremely lucky all season. With incredibly poor football they are still well in the hunt for top 4 and for the Europa League trophy, with only weak teams remaining in the competition. Most of their attacks are long balls towards Ibrahimovic and Fellaini. If he wasn't called Mourinho, but Moyes, he probably would have been gone by now.

I am more hopeful of Celta beating them.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Utd only just about through against the mighty Anderlecht, Ibra & rojo went off injured

Hopefully knackered for burnley now

Pants teams left though, lucky bastards
    The way Ibra. knee went back when he landed, will not be surprised if he's out for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    My hope rests on Ajax's shoulders now.
    Don't recall watching any Ajax games this season - how are they at the minute?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I've seen very little of them - mostly MOTD stuff but they seem decent. And scoring two goals against Schalke with 10 in extra time can't be easy.

Besides, I sincerely believe that history means something in Europe, and we know Ajax have a lot of that.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

I've seen very little of them - mostly MOTD stuff but they seem decent. And scoring two goals against Schalke with 10 in extra time can't be easy.

Besides, I sincerely believe that history means something in Europe, and we know Ajax have a lot of that.
    True true.

I've associated Ajax with "not quite there" for years due to Champion's League performances but fingers crossed.

Is Lacazette fit? He's capable of posing problems for their lot as well.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

They might have history, but the last meaningful period or result in their case came about 20 years ago. Also Eriksen is probably the last quality player they have exported and that was at least 5 years ago. I haven't followed them much, but from the little I've seen and from both their results and Netherlands' results, I would be very surprised if they beat ManU.

Instead, Celta already beat Real Madrid and Barcelona this season, among other very good results. Bonus: they have an expert corner kick taker in Aspas :P

Also, Lyon have some good players such as Lacazette, Fekir, Valbuena, Gonalons. I can't see that in Ajax.
    YNWA

True as well. We'll just have to wait and see.

Fingers crossed Ibra and Rojo are out for the season.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Redbrandt View Post
    They might have history, but the last meaningful period or result in their case came about 20 years ago. Also Eriksen is probably the last quality player they have exported and that was at least 5 years ago. I haven't followed them much, but from the little I've seen and from both their results and Netherlands' results, I would be very surprised if they beat ManU.

Instead, Celta already beat Real Madrid and Barcelona this season, among other very good results. Bonus: they have an expert corner kick taker in Aspas :P

Also, Lyon have some good players such as Lacazette, Fekir, Valbuena, Gonalons. I can't see that in Ajax.
    Ajax also had a fella called Luis Suarez he wasn't too bad himself