Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emre Can contract negotiations:

Emre Can contract negotiations:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/19/liverpool-refuse-issue-ultimatum-emre-can-contract-negotiations/

By Chris Bascombe

Liverpool refuse to issue ultimatum to Emre Can as contract negotiations threaten to drag into next season.

Liverpool are prepared to play midfielder Emre Can until the end of his contract, regardless of whether the German international commits to a new deal this summer.

Can has a season remaining on his current terms with the Merseyside club eager for the 23-year-old to sign an extension. Negotiations are ongoing but there is a chance he will go into next season with the issue unresolved.

However, manager Jürgen Klopp will be under no pressure to sell the youngster in order to cash in before the deal runs out. There are no ultimatums being issued to Can that he must commit or risk being frozen out or made available for transfer.

On the contrary, Klopp is prepared to retain and use the player regardless of his contract situation, firstly because he rates him so highly, but also because he still hopes an agreement can be reached, even if it drags on into next year.

The situation between Can and Klopp is contrast to that at other clubs. At Everton, for example, Ronald Koeman has issued an ultimatum to Ross Barkley that he must sign a deal this summer or be sold. That is because of the fear of a Bosman transfer, a valuable asset leaving for free once his contract expires.

Klopp has a different view.

He does not want to replace Can this summer and has also noted how the player’s form has been unaffected by the contract impasse. In fact, the midfielder’s performances have improved significantly over the last few months.

Klopp likes Can’s attitude, his willingness to play through pain and his approach to training. Can has played with several injuries this season – a point Klopp made when the player was the subject of criticism earlier in the campaign – and has been particularly outstanding in the absence of captain Jordan Henderson during the final push for a top-four spot.

Naturally, a massive bid for Can during the summer could give Liverpool a dilemma, but such a decision will be Klopp’s and all the indications are he would rather keep the player.
    ------------------------------

Think Can has thrived under Klopp and hopefully signs a new contract soon. Clearly Klopp rates him so wonder what the issue could be ? Wages? Playing time ? Juve?
    It's a free world, in parts...

His form of late shows he's trying his best..You see in some circumstances players form dip under situations like these. I have doubt he will sign a new contract in the summer.
    Leader of all..master of none..

What exactly he want or his agent want ?
    High increments
    First team football ?

Money Joetan, it's always money.

His form has picked up of late, but I cant see them queueing round the block to sign him in the summer.

Probably why we're in no rush.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Money Joetan, it's always money.

His form has picked up of late, but I cant see them queueing round the block to sign him in the summer.

Probably why we're in no rush.
    This. The article is full of fluffy rubbish. Can will be looking a whopping pay rise. I suspect the club are betting that he'll get the message in the summer, that he's maybe not as valuable as he thinks.
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Apparently he wants assurances he will play in his preferred holding role rather than box to box as that is the added sprints are the reason for calf issues. Not sure if there is any truth to that but the cynic in me says it is probably down to money as it often is

Errm that shoulda said I have "no" doubt he will sign a new contract!!
    Anyway why shouldn't players want more money?? If they intend on staying then they should get a bigger pay rise.. The problems arise when a player wants to leave a club and asks for wages that are totally ridiculous. knowing the club they are at will not play them..
    Leader of all..master of none..

He's improved a lot this season but if (and it's a big if) he's trying to hold the club to ransom or trying to dictate where and how often he plays, he'll quickly find out how easily he can be replaced. He ain't that good.

He's had some good games of late but we can improve on him. That's not to say we have to sell him he could be a very good squad player.
    As since the new year has proved the squad needs added to not weakened.

You from Norn Ireland by any chance Ian ?