Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Emre Can contract negotiations:

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    8,591
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    You from Norn Ireland by any chance Ian ?
    I am indeed, mate.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,980
    I suppose the best time to negotiate a pay rise is when you hit a bit of form which he seems to have done lately.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,752
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I suppose the best time to negotiate a pay rise is when you hit a bit of form which he seems to have done lately.
    There is the modern phenomenon whereby a player who hasn't been playing well or even putting in a decent shift for a sustained period of time suddenly starts playing much better, normally around the time where a new contract would be offered should they be a required part of the team or squad. This leads many to 'question' why they weren't previously playing well or at least putting in a decent shift. A question to which they already know the answer.

    If I remember rightly, Berbatov was a master of this.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,980
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    There is the modern phenomenon whereby a player who hasn't been playing well or even putting in a decent shift for a sustained period of time suddenly starts playing much better, normally around the time where a new contract would be offered should they be a required part of the team or squad. This leads many to 'question' why they weren't previously playing well or at least putting in a decent shift. A question to which they already know the answer.

    If I remember rightly, Berbatov was a master of this.
    A lack of form, and not putting in a decent shift are miles apart. I don't believe anyone doesn't give 100% effort, if they didn't they wouldn't or shouldn't get near the first team. As he is usually a squad member at worst, I suggest it isn't a lack of effort, more a lack of form.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,752
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    A lack of form, and not putting in a decent shift are miles apart. I don't believe anyone doesn't give 100% effort, if they didn't they wouldn't or shouldn't get near the first team. As he is usually a squad member at worst, I suggest it isn't a lack of effort, more a lack of form.
    Indeed. I wasn't suggesting that Can is like Berbatov.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,270
    It was "As since the new year has proved the squad needs added to not weakened," that gave it way 😊

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    4,346
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He's had some good games of late but we can improve on him. That's not to say we have to sell him he could be a very good squad player.
    As since the new year has proved the squad needs added to not weakened.
    Agree. We need the likes of him but he obviously could be improved on in the first 11 like most of them. The problem is keeping these types of player when they know they arent going to be regulars. His performances have been very good of late it has to be said, maybe the reason hes stalling is that he wants assurances about his place, he might know hes not going to be first 11 when hendo gets back and if we are looking to bring in a midfielder in the summer (which we certainly should be). Money will also be a factor but not the total factor.
    I noticed last week that Dahoud has agreed to move to Dortmund.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    226
    Get rid of him as he's simply not good enough.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    2,127
    I've been his harshest critic, but credit where its due...he has shown great "character" over the last few games and put in a very decent shift. Can he be moulded into a Mascherano type play?

    What is his best position? He can't complain that running around has caused him injuries surely

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •