Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: European Draws 16/17

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    It's a bit of a catch 22 regarding the likes of Unite and British Clubs in Europe, if people like the Premier League to have four places each season then you really need English teams to do well otherwise you lose a place, I know the Italian League was threatening to get the place about a year or so ago and looks like Juve are going to reach the final st least this time, that will surely take the Italian co-efficient right up...
    Nope.

UEFA have reformed their coefficient system, extending four guaranteed places to the top four ranked national associations, effective from the 2018/19 season.

These 16 clubs are also now guaranteed to reach the group stage of the Champions League, meaning the Premier League side that finishes fourth will no longer enter the competition at the play-off round.

And crucially it means the Premier League will no longer lose a spot should it fall behind Italy into fourth place in the coefficient ranking.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Heard six myself. Rojo out as well?
    Rojo also looks like now. ACL

Damn. Wanted them to miss the rest of the year but this is brutal.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Oh. Well if that's right there's no need to worry about the fourth place going.
    The draw will be interesting be good to get into the same group as Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern as I would like to see those World Class teams at Anfiejd and those great players they all have.
    My own ideal draw would be Bayern Munich pot one, Monaco pot two, ourselves in pot three and maybe an Anderlecht or Celtic in pot four, all pretty glamour ties..

We're not there yet, don't jinx it.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    Oh. Well if that's right there's no need to worry about the fourth place going.
    The draw will be interesting be good to get into the same group as Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern as I would like to see those World Class teams at Anfiejd and those great players they all have.
    My own ideal draw would be Bayern Munich pot one, Monaco pot two, ourselves in pot three and maybe an Anderlecht or Celtic in pot four, all pretty glamour ties..
    I would rather us get to play teams we have a good chance of beating and so progressing to the knock out stages. As good as some of the players are at madrid barca and Bayern, I can see them on tv as I have done many times previously.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Spangles now concerned about losing the fourth place trophy for the pl!!!

Nope have to disagree with you there about playing Lessrer teams. I would rather have the chance to play Bayern PAG and Madrid at Anfield before being knocked out than losing and going out to your Basel, Porto and possibly Celtics of this world.
    I don't think it matters too much about easy draws as it's not as if we are going to win it so let's get decent teams and have a good occasion and memory while we are still in the competition...
    Let's be honest about it...the main objective will of been accomplished anyway which is appear in the champions league and make the profit for FSG...this afterall is what it's all about anyway nothing else...