Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible playoff

Possible playoff

http://bbc.in/2qpj2UZ

Interesting there are a few scenarios that could lead to a play off for 4th or 5th and 3rd/4th. All got similar GD and goals scored. The most likely is if we win 3-0 and city draw 3-3 a play off for 3rd. If Arsenal draw 1-1 and we lose 2-0 it's a play off for CL football.

Really don't want this season to drag on!

Wow! I obviously don't want this to happen as my heart might not make it, but it would be immensely exciting if it did!
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Just go for Boro's jugular straight from the off on Sunday and we shouldn't be bothered with any of these scenarios.
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

As good as our recent record is against top 6 sides let's hope it doesn't come to this.

Although 3-0 and 3-3 correct score double gives odds of about 590/1...

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Just go for Boro's jugular straight from the off on Sunday and we shouldn't be bothered with any of these scenarios.
    Yeah, win 5-0 and just hope City don't draw 5-5.

Edit: actually that's bollocks! just win 5-0 and we're there
    Last edited by stevie harkness; 17th May 2017 at 09:23 AM.

Dear Me...we really have sunk to new lows...are people really getting excited between finishing fourth or third...dunno what shanks and Sir Bob would be making of this looking down...we really have turned into a desperate Club or should I say American Franchise...

I can safely say, not going to happen.

PL should have put the head-head results between any 2 teams that are otherwise tied. Would suit us perfectly as we have taken 4/6 points from the other top 4 teams.

As a follow up, if the team that finish 4th lose the CL playoff tie are they dumped straight into the group stages of EL or no European place at all?

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    As a follow up, if the team that finish 4th lose the CL playoff tie are they dumped straight into the group stages of EL or no European place at all?
    I don't think they qualify at all, they only get demoted to Europa when they finish 3rd in group stage. That's my take on it, but I could be wrong.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.