Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Take nothing for granted Sunday's a cup final

Take nothing for granted Sunday's a cup final

We have to play like our lives depend on it v Boro, highest levels of focus, commitment, quality, concentration and work ethic and some patience might be required from the crowd too as Boro may come to park the bus.

It is a cup final, win and we're in the Champions League, win well and we could go straight into the group stages
    "My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

We will win and smash em!!
    Leader of all..master of none..

You'd hope they wouldn't come to park the bus. Will be their last game in the premiership for at least 15 months, probably longer. If they go out playing dour shite then what a poor legacy that would be. Even getting a 0-0 at Anfield, wouldn't say much about them.

Bournemouth showed that you can play football and still beat us so maybe they will use that example rather than use the Pulis approach.
    "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes … it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."

Agree with r4l. Surely theyll try to entertain their fans. Theyve played dull negative football all season and their fans have whinged about it no end. Their fans would rather they had a go.
    Just reading on sky about potential opponents if we do make it to the play off round. Another set of worries altogether should it cime to down to that. I am concerned about this game though big time, if it was one if the bigger sides id feel confident but because its a team in the bottom three whove already gone its very worrying.

If we can't beat Middlesbrough, a relegated team at Anfield on the last day of the season............then we don't deserve top four simple!
    ........and then one day you find, ten years have got behind you no-one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefootyfan View Post
    If we can't beat Middlesbrough, a relegated team at Anfield on the last day of the season............then we don't deserve top four simple!
    Spot on!....

Hope to fook we make cl, love to see us on TV Tuesday or Wednesdays with the Kenny Daglish stand being referenced by commentators. If we're in we'll win

I personally think the victory is in the bag myself, I am not saying it because we are a good team or anything but basing it on Boro are a terrible team even worse away from home, an early goal and we could get 5 or 6...

Agree with the sentiments in this thread. Hope Boro come and have a go and get stuffed 3-0.

It'll be good to watch the CL again next season. I just don't bother watching any more, when we're not in it .
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRC View Post
    Agree with the sentiments in this thread. Hope Boro come and have a go and get stuffed 3-0.

It'll be good to watch the CL again next season. I just don't bother watching any more, when we're not in it .
    i think the champions League is going more and more boring myself, when you get in it the bigger clubs seem to play each other nearly every season, how many times in last 5 years have Arsenal played Bayern, City played Barca or Chelsea played PSG, then you have your Celtic, Benfica and Olympiakos usually just in the competition to pick up appearance money. The four semi finalists nearly always consist of Real Madrid, Bayern and Barca give or take a season and if your team are lucky enough to reach a final you are lucky to get 17k tickets in a stadium holding 70k because UEFA have a carve up...yes you can stick the Champions League where the sun don't shine if you ask me...dreadful overrated competition...
    Last edited by Spangles; 17th May 2017 at 08:47 PM.